• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

Shit just realized from posting that the beach house might interfere with the July summer school gig. Wonder if I could convince to let me work remotely the first week? Fuck, probably not.

Oh well goodbye summer school. You're not worth a week at the beach after this past year.

lol no, my son does not sleep through the night

he's a big dude for his age, definitely does not need to eat every 3 hours, but he's never gone more than 4 or 5 straight overnight without eating

usually a feeding schedule is like 11 PM, 3 AM, 6AM and he's up for the day

my wife and i alternate getting up with him after the early feeding

he sleeps a lot the first half of the day though, usually takes good 1-2 hr naps until about 1PM

my 14 mo old is still on this annoying wake/feed schedule

Are basically all of us somewhere in our mid 30's to early 40's with newborns or toddlers?

Except for Palma and Cata, obviously, as they have been and always will remain an aberration.

Gender pronouns are lame. Idc who that offends.

The only reading I do is boards shit and toddler books because I literally have like 1 hour of free time a day and I typically spend that doing something the wife want to do.

I ate taco bell for lunch and my b hole already burns

Asians are cool, especially the women in Catamounts family.

Congrats on your pet child turning 5 months, Townie. Glad to hear he's sleeping well for you guys.

Are basically all of us somewhere in our mid 30's to early 40's with newborns or toddlers?

Except for Palma and Cata, obviously, as they have been and always will remain an aberration.

Yep. There are some old guys who hang around these parts too, which is a nice change of perspective. And I think there's 1 active Wake student poster. Rest of us are 30-40 with toddlers and babies

I’m 34 but don’t have any kids and don’t plan to.

I like going long periods of time not knowing a posters age then finally learning it. Like DeacATS and Mako I assumed were early 30s and not old men.

some folks use "ze" for the non-gendered third person pronoun

but it's also defs the case that "they" is a singular third person pronoun

Here's my biggest problem.

"They is a fast runner" just sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

"Ze is a fast runner" is fine and doesn't offend my delicate sensibilities.

Ours is 2.5 but we’ve got a little girl on the way this July.

We had a nanny start today par time and I’m wondering how long it will take me to get over the awkwardness of paying somebody to watch our son while we are both home.

I need to learn the pronoun game because I forget peoples real name within seconds of them stating it. I also wonder how triggered people are at the Doctors office now that patient records allow you to self-identify as something like 10 different things.

Ours is 2.5 but we’ve got a little girl on the way this July.

We had a nanny start today par time and I’m wondering how long it will take me to get over the awkwardness of paying somebody to watch our son while we are both home.

we're doing this but with my mother in law in our < 1000 sq ft apartment

it's so hard not to step in when the baby is crying or she's just sitting there with him not playing or reading or doing much of anything and he's just sitting staring at his hands (which to be fair is kinda his jam)

I like going long periods of time not knowing a posters age then finally learning it. Like DeacATS and Mako I assumed were early 30s and not old men.

I mean, since you modded the old scout boards, you've gotta be like 60, right?

yeah, she's great otherwise. just will not stop getting up at 11, 3 and 6. cry it out, stuffing her gullet before bed - nothing seems to work

we'll just have to wait it out like all the worst of the Kid Things

Back