• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 23: Might finish it today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading The Big Short right now. I really like Michael Lewis. I've read moneyball, blindside, and liars poker.

I'm reading this though and even though I've actually taken classes in this area, researched CDS's and CDO's and worked on a deal before, I feel like this really has to go over a lot of the general public's head.

Yeah I've modeled out securitizations before and found parts of the Big Short confusing.... I'm always wary of people that say they loved it and don't have a financial background.

Ah shit this hot girl who used to be an intern here apparently wants to move from San Diego out to DC.

"I'm no meteorologist but I'm pretty sure it's rainin bitches!"

Ah shit this hot girl who used to be an intern here apparently wants to move from San Diego out to DC.

"I'm no meteorologist but I'm pretty sure it's rainin bitches!"

Ours is not to question why...

This afternoon has put me in a horrible mood and I don't know why :(

Uhh, so his GF died, and you're upset he took out his bad mood on you after you cold shouldered him?

I'm confused.

I mean...if I'm reading that right and his GF died I would definitely feel at least a little bit bad for him :(

Drug addict or not, still sucks to lose someone.

He's apologizing for his smoking at least, that's not generally something assholes do.

His GF died before or after he was smoking on the steps? How are they related?

He's an asshole. His drug addict girlfriend died. I'm actually not a nice person so yeah, I don't think he has a right to be rude to me just because his girlfriend was laying dead while he tried to decide to call 911 15 feet away.

Hopefully, he moves out now.

Plus he has a patio, he should do his smoking there, not on the stairs.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the first part, that's pretty harsh.

Apologizing means you realize what you are doing is wrong. The apology is moot if you keep doing the thing that you realize is wrong. That's just trying to justify being a douchebag.

Smoking outdoors does not make one a douchebag though. I hate smokers as much as the next person, but it's not like he was lighting up in a restaurant.

Why'd they need a full parade of cops, fireman,etc to deliver the news?

So, did she OD on coke or do you live in section 8 housing?

Just channeling my inner-Milhouse.

We've all got that inner-Milhouse somewhere*

*Except for InTheKnow who has her outer-Milhouse turned up to the max :plos:

And here is where I am going to disagree with you. The steps are a communal area and there is only one set of them. Per AZ law, it is illegal:

Smoking is prohibited in:
Lobbies, elevators, restrooms, reception areas, halls, stairways, and any other enclosed common-use areas in public and private buildings including condominiums and other multiple-unit residential facilities

The stairs are partially enclosed.

Meh, but still not someone I classify as a douchebag. Do you think everyone who speeds is a douchebag?

So you wouldn't view him as a douchebag if he didn't apologize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back