• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 504.3.14: Chat Thread you better take care if I find you've been creepin' 'round my back stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you see what I had to put up with.

Kid made it home and only fishtailed once. We've gotten 2 inches of snow in the last hour, so it has really been coming down. She was coming home from hockey tryouts after learning to ice skate this summer and having never played before. She was apparently so terrible, the coach told her there was no way he could put her in the rotation because he thought she'd probably get hurt. So, he assigned her backup goalie duties. Still, really proud of her for giving zero fucks about what anyone thought and going for it with an inspiring level of unearned confidence.
I started to skim but glad I read it all. Awesome, tell her to keep fighting.

Keep supporting your daughter, you never know what will happen. My son decided to try out for golf his Freshman year in high school. His tryouts were his first time ever playing golf with right handed clubs (he played one time with left handed clubs). I told him he should probably wait a year and practice but he was intent on trying out. He ended up playing all 4 years and was All Conference and All County. He played 2 years in college and covid killed his dream. He had offers to go to a bunch of schools but communication ended with covid. 1 school was A&T. I still tell him he could have hung out with JR Smith.

One of the executives where my dad used to work used to say “You know what they say about hope - it’s the least effective method of birth control.”

Obviously this was not recently.

We went to Hilton Head one year and my son played at Harbour Town. JR Smith was a few groups in front of him. He was too scared to go up to him so that makes the A&T story even better.

The dinner that specifically required business formal dress with a suit and tie was a buffet. Are you fucking kidding me. I don’t mind a buffet at all but forcing me to wear a tie for a mid-tier buffet meal is bullshit. Also the guest of honor was Roy Williams so I was treated to a bunch of UNC/Roy propaganda along with my dinner.

"dees mahjick candahs I call my ahwah-hoosie-wahtohs"

The dinner that specifically required business formal dress with a suit and tie was a buffet. Are you fucking kidding me. I don’t mind a buffet at all but forcing me to wear a tie for a mid-tier buffet meal is bullshit. Also the guest of honor was Roy Williams so I was treated to a bunch of UNC/Roy propaganda along with my dinner.
Should our wedding not be suit/cocktail dress level formal if it’s not a plated dinner? Not a buffet exactly but you gotta get up and go thru a line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back