• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 57: Smangin' It

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as long as you've got an antivirus, you're good, and the news is blowing this way out of proportion?

So as long as you've got an antivirus, you're good, and the news is blowing this way out of proportion?

i mean if i lost internet access i'd be pissed so glad they are talking about it. i think there are sites available that can look to see if you are infected and provide instructions on removing the malware

There was a good podcast/story on NPR the other day about internet security and the main guy on there who works in the field was talking about how paying for anti virus software is a huge waste of money with all the free products out there now.

That sounds kind of awesome. If I still resided in the West End I'd definitely make the trip up.

Still might drive myself down the eight minutes or so. Or just go out hard Saturday night and sleep in a ditch a street over. One of the two.

where'd you move?

you coming to the pit pub crawl?

What is this noise about some virus wiping out the interwebs on Monday?

My father sent me an email yesterday about some site to check for malware due to some "potential problem coming soon," and I had no idea what he was talking about, figured he was making things up. This is the first I've heard of it. I didn't see anything on facebook or Google or from my ISP. I guess that means I'm probably safe?

My father sent me an email yesterday about some site to check for malware due to some "potential problem coming soon," and I had no idea what he was talking about, figured he was making things up. This is the first I've heard of it. I didn't see anything on facebook or Google or from my ISP. I guess that means I'm probably safe?

Yes. You can go to http://www.dcwg.org, then click detect and go to one of the links. Takes about 30 seconds and will tell you if you are infected.

B40 was slowed a little right before Winston because 3 cop cars and pulled over a dude on a bike...

They've been doing work on the Silas Creek ramps going onto B40 for the past couple of weeks and the work goes from 9-9 so the ramps are closed during rush hour in the mornings. It's incredibly inconvenient. I wish they'd do it 8-8 instead.

so i just found out that someone i deal with at work on a weekly basis is apparently a female. not only does "she" sound totally male over the phone, "her" name is also James. who in their right mind would name a female child "James" ??

Are any of you boys color blind?

Nah, I think it'd be cool to experience it briefly just to see what it's like. I mean is it that they don't see colors at all, or they just can't distinguish between colors. Like they can see the color orange as we see the color orange, but simply can't differentiate it between say, red, if asked to do so?

Nah, I think it'd be cool to experience it briefly just to see what it's like. I mean is it that they don't see colors at all, or they just can't distinguish between colors. Like they can see the color orange as we see the color orange, but simply can't differentiate it between say, red, if asked to do so?

It depends on the severity and type. Some people can't see certain colors. I've got a friend that is completely color blind, so basically everything is gray to him. You would never know it in the fact that his clothes always match.

I go outside to grab the newspaper because I have to go over to Valvoline for an oil change before I play chauffeur to the beach for AWAR, HTTD, Cumby, and Doofus and the damn paper isn't here. Someone either took it, it's missing, or it was just never delivered #firstworldproblems

Are any of you boys color blind?

No. In college I had to go with a friend's date to formal to pick out his tuxedo vest and bow tie from him because he was color blind.

Numbers gets a paper?

My dad is a red/green colorblind with certain shades which is kind of funny. "Hey... is this green or red" "Um... its red." It seems kinda funny because they are so different- not like red vs orange or green vs teal.

Sometimes I wish I could freely converse with some of the people I talk to on the phone if it wouldn't be unprofessional as hell and I wasn't on a government line :(

No. In college I had to go with a friend's date to formal to pick out his tuxedo vest and bow tie from him because he was color blind.

Numbers gets a paper?

Well I'm at home for the summer so it's not like I'm in the real world yet. I'm home for another month doing an internship before heading up to Boston.

I have Starbucks once or twice a year. Their new house roast is fucking terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back