• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 57: Smangin' It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking for a promotion and an 11% raise today, chat thread. Wish me luck.

Good luck, bro. It appears that you're more than deserving of the promotion and raise. Forgot to mention it was good seeing this past weekend - bonne chance.

Sunset Beach bound today, too bad I missed HTTD/AWAR. Townie good luck with the raise chat. Pro tip: Have lots of stats and specific work accomplishments in your back pocket and say "we" / "us" a lot.

Have fun, dude. We'll be in Myrtle so call/text if you head south this weekend.

Man this Federer/Djokovic match is great so far.

I watched the first set while getting ready for work this morning. Fed owns the grass, and I'm glad to see him in the Final.

I go outside to grab the newspaper because I have to go over to Valvoline for an oil change before I play chauffeur to the beach for AWAR, HTTD, Cumby, and Doofus and the damn paper isn't here. Someone either took it, it's missing, or it was just never delivered #firstworldproblems

Are you leaving the Dash around 5? We'll be ready to go at 5:45. LET'S FUCKING GO

Best plumber's crack ever

plumber21-600x800.jpg

holy cow.

family in town for the 4th.
i am exhausted after playing "tourguide" for the last two days. as much fun as it is to not be working, i was actually happy to come to work today. trying to get a group of 6 adults to commit to something is akin to herding cats, at least with this group.
however, found a sweet restaurant last night.

I have Starbucks once or twice a year. Their new house roast is fucking terrible.

Good luck, bro. It appears that you're more than deserving of the promotion and raise. Forgot to mention it was good seeing this past weekend - bonne chance.

I will say I think it's the case of them either burning the beans during the roast/grind or just making it poorly with too hot of water, because the quality of the beans is fine when you buy them whole. I actually prefer their Italian roast to a few more expensive brands, though obviously places like Krankies just crush.

Thanks for the kindness. Good to see you this weekend, too, man, you look well.

They definitely burned the beans. There's just no competition when you grind and use a french press with fresh beans (not month old ones).

lbe, who's in town?

J's cousin and his wife, his sister and her bf, and friends of his sister drove up from Bend. I became 'group decision maker' - which I HATE being, espeically on the spot - because I 'know portland best' which may be true, but most of the places we were going were places j has been before, too. he's just awful with directions and had no sense of what made sense to do next, but nobody was giving suggestions of what they wanted to do. i just hate the feeling of making decisions and then worrying about whether or not people are having a good time or dealing with people when the plans i just made don't work out or something. that's just me being high-strung, but i just really dislike being in that position and would have rather been along for the ride instead of doing the driving.

J's cousin and his wife, his sister and her bf, and friends of his sister drove up from Bend. I became 'group decision maker' - which I HATE being, espeically on the spot - because I 'know portland best' which may be true, but most of the places we were going were places j has been before, too. he's just awful with directions and had no sense of what made sense to do next, but nobody was giving suggestions of what they wanted to do. i just hate the feeling of making decisions and then worrying about whether or not people are having a good time or dealing with people when the plans i just made don't work out or something. that's just me being high-strung, but i just really dislike being in that position and would have rather been along for the ride instead of doing the driving.

I'm the other way around, I love being the decision maker. Best part about being in Vegas was getting to run into pretty much all your old friends at least once a year, and they relied on me to show them a good time, and I loved doing that.

I just drew a line in the wrong place wrong in pencil on paper and my first, almost involuntary, reaction was a "crtl+z" with my left hand. omg. come on, pencil - eraser. use your brain.

So my boss didn't show for work today. I guess I will wait til Monday to talk to her, though Fridays are often best for this sort of thing.

I was really tempted for a bit there to go talk to her boss, but I should respect CoC.

that's fine if you know what people want to do. when you have a whole freakin' city of activities at your feet and a group of people staring at you expectantly (without giving you any suggestions of what they might like to do), it's too much pressure for me because i'm too concerned with making everyone happy.
activity range: japanese gardens, wine tastings, pub crawls, shopping, museum, blues fest, hiking. people say they don't care what they do, but then you make a suggestion and the response is 'eh, we don't need to do that. what else is there?' pair those choices with needing to take two cars everywhere we go (one of which is too tall to park in parking decks), a person who refuses to ride public transportation, and special dietary needs within the group, i would have needed a week just to plan shit for this group.... which is why i specifically said a week ago that i did NOT want to be the guide, and people needed to decide what they wanted to do/see. ugh, the expectant stares are the worst. i am getting uncomfortable just thinking about that situation right now.

that's fine if you know what people want to do. when you have a whole freakin' city of activities at your feet and a group of people staring at you expectantly (without giving you any suggestions of what they might like to do), it's too much pressure for me because i'm too concerned with making everyone happy.
activity range: japanese gardens, wine tastings, pub crawls, shopping, museum, blues fest, hiking. people say they don't care what they do, but then you make a suggestion and the response is 'eh, we don't need to do that. what else is there?' pair those choices with needing to take two cars everywhere we go (one of which is too tall to park in parking decks), a person who refuses to ride public transportation, and special dietary needs within the group, i would have needed a week just to plan shit for this group.... which is why i specifically said a week ago that i did NOT want to be the guide, and people needed to decide what they wanted to do/see. ugh, the expectant stares are the worst. i am getting uncomfortable just thinking about that situation right now.

that is annoying, I hate when people say they don't care and then you offer something and they shoot it down. Also, the cars and public transit sitch sound bad as well.

I'm totally with you on not liking to be the decision maker, and I never even have that level of restrictions of what people/cars can or will do. It often ruins my day when I am concerned if other people are having a good time.

Somebody refuses to ride public transportation? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back