• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 58: YOLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of god please change the chat thread title already. Think of the children.

All this jelly talk reminds me of this monte trip 6 song.

Are adult hedgehogs cute?

I thought about changing the title but I just love it.

i would like a pocket hedgehog. is that a thing? i will carry it around and it will be adorable.

240px-Sonic1.png

my mother is no longer allowed to email me during the day. the last 3 emails have been as follows:

1. the dog ate a lot of Tums and had to go to the emergency vet, still not doing well.
2. the neighbor fell 20 feet onto concrete while touring a construction site, still in the hospital after multiple surgeries.
3. another neighbor's nephew fell and died in a climbing accident this weekend.

from now on, one 'bad news' call allowed, and it may only occur when i am at home, sitting down, and everyone is safely home from work.

The neighbor's nephew is on the front page of WXII (I'm assuming same story and not another guy).

Eric? Yeah. I knew of him from the climbing gym, too; good kid.

i am really curious to find out what happened, though; rappeling accidents are not too often (especially with experienced climbers). my thought is gear failure, but that's also really rare. sometimes the easiest maneuvers/tasks are also the easiest to screw up.

regardless, it's terrible and i feel for those grieving his loss.

Last edited:
I think it was the wrong type of tick.

tick bites are way more potent than mosquitoes. all of mine in the past have lasted (itchiness) for over a month. get some cortizone and keep it by your bed; the worst is when you wake up scratching yourself because it itches so bad.

Yes. Said he was repelling with friends but in the proper climbing area.

you have to rappel to get down. he wasn't doing anything wrong/out of place.

Exactly what it seems from reading that article. Sometimes that makes it harder.

i am really curious to find out what happened, though; rappeling accidents are not too often (especially with experienced climbers). my thought is gear failure, but that's also really rare. sometimes the easiest maneuvers/tasks are also the easiest to screw up.

regardless, it's terrible and i feel for those grieving his loss.

i just read the little blurb on wxii, and i'm with you on wondering what happened. unless he wasn't tied in correctly, the only way he could have fallen while rappelling would actually be for his belayer to let go, right?

Ugh, pain meds just make me wanna sleep all day. Wizzeak. My arm is fucking huge right now too from all the swelling. My hand doesn't even get halfway around its circumference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back