• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CHAT THREAD 60: Posted From Stolen Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's horrifying? that kids are moisturizing and taking care of themselves?
what could possibly be bad about it?
Yeah Generation Alpha includes early teens/tweenagers at this point. Our generations had girls in that age range getting more into make-up and wanting to emulate their moms, sisters etc. on that front. Prioritizing skin care seems like a much better alternative.

Also it feels like this has been a thing in Korean culture for a long time (based on my takeaways from Crying In H Mart), so I don't know if I'd blame capitalism straight up.

because the sun is a bitch and moisturizing every day with a an SPF moisturizer can do nothing but help.
And they are developing great habits at a young age
Do you think the skincare products they are trying to sell to young tweens is just spf moisturizer?

My girls buy facemasks, lip balms, sprays that smell good, and stuff like that for sleepovers and bday parties - I don't have an issue with it. It's fun for them, and they could be doing worse things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back