• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CHAT THREAD 63: brasky & ??? sitting in a tree,*correction* NOT E-M-A-I-L-I-N-G

Status
Not open for further replies.
palma's post about move in day on the bro thread reminded me of how tight it is that the football players help the freshmen move heavy stuff in. I always thought that was pretty cool. so big ups to the footballers and O-line please be careful

Man, I really want a drink. I'm headed straight to the bar when I leave in half an hour. Martini where the barkeep only glances at the vermouth to smooth these edges.

Nah, not really the day itself, just feeling some jagged corners in the ole noggin. And I was staring for far too long at teenage girls this afternoon.

tumblr_m7o2odloyk1r7dslf.gif

I am thankful to not have QUITE that much stomach. Oh honey boo boo.

Fucking ceiling fans....I've been trying to fix a wobbly one all afternoon and it's driving me up the wall.

It has been achieved. I have achieved the level. I'm just letting the shuffle take me away and praying that the fireflys show up.

I just went to get lunch about 20min ago (yes, at 3:30. long morning.) and HOLY BALLS SUMMER IS SLIPPING AWAY.
there is a distinct chill in the air and the sun is way lower in the sky and has that orange cast to it... my innate reaction is to get excited for fall, but then I realize it's still only August and I'm not ready for fall and summer was barely even here and it's already only 70 for the high and before i know it the clouds will be back and with clouds comes rain........:(

mini meltdown in my pho.

I just went to get lunch about 20min ago (yes, at 3:30. long morning.) and HOLY BALLS SUMMER IS SLIPPING AWAY.
there is a distinct chill in the air and the sun is way lower in the sky and has that orange cast to it... my innate reaction is to get excited for fall, but then I realize it's still only August and I'm not ready for fall and summer was barely even here and it's already only 70 for the high and before i know it the clouds will be back and with clouds comes rain........:(

mini meltdown in my pho.

This always helps me when I'm struck with those blues.

There are a few times when I actually dig my job. One of them today was when teenage undergrad returned Kid A, and I asked him if he had ever listened to it before. "No. I had no idea. It was amazing."

There are a few times when I actually dig my job. One of them today was when teenage undergrad returned Kid A, and I asked him if he had ever listened to it before. "No. I had no idea. It was amazing."

Every time I try to respond to your PM ogboards dies for me...so here we go: yes, the email they sent was very snippy and they *told* me what day they were coming (which happened to be my birthday) and to pick a time. So I told them no, they could come the next day but they were not happy about it. The team, yes more than one person, expects "and a tour of the facilities where the data are used and stored". So basically I need to demonstrate that I lock my desk for them.

Hot.

Excellent use of the secret code.

Burning Mannnnnnnnnnn :drool: :moose: :rock: :geek:

Every time I try to respond to your PM ogboards dies for me...so here we go: yes, the email they sent was very snippy and they *told* me what day they were coming (which happened to be my birthday) and to pick a time. So I told them no, they could come the next day but they were not happy about it. The team, yes more than one person, expects "and a tour of the facilities where the data are used and stored". So basically I need to demonstrate that I lock my desk for them.

I got this email today from my supervisor with an attachment of some "wallpaper". She *wanted* me to crop them so that they could be used for our screensaver slides. When I asked if she wanted me to do that or if she wanted the SILS grad student doing his independent field study to do it (dude used to serve me coffee), she said "well the digitizing of the old Pennsylvania protestant tunebook hymnals need to get up quick so that we are institution of record in IMSLP."

:naughty:

Finished the Matrix. On to Shawshank. Star Trek is next.

Also finished beers, g&t, v&t, r&c, and fireball. Thank god for good movies and booze.

do you know what it feeeeels liiiiike looovin someone who's iiiin a rush to throw you awayeeee (doyouknowdoyouknowdoyouknoe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back