• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 72: the saga of iCheat, her betrothed, and the Apple Genius (start at 62)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, cookout. I am very strongly considering it. Ima talk to pops to make sure he doesn't have any extra laptops lying around...

Thanks for the info, cookout. I am very strongly considering it. Ima talk to pops to make sure he doesn't have any extra laptops lying around...

Yeah, keep in mind that the price is really gonna be the base 500 plus you'll probs want one of the magnetic keyboard options (which is another 110/130 dollars) for word processing/heavy duty stuff.

Yea it's closer to $700 how I'd want it iirc.

Until this weekend, she and LK were the only two people to have ever beaten me in a chugging contest. DV7 is supposed to be pretty good, but I dont think he and I have ever chugged together.

Yeah, that's her.

Damn, dude.

are you still doing starting strength?

I'm not...the squat volume got to be too much for me, so I switched to 5/3/1 for a while and was LOVING that. The challenge is that at the time I was doing NO cardio; being that I'm still active in the National Guard, I have to regularly pass a PT test, so I stopped 5/3/1 a while back to just focus on running, push-ups, and sit-ups. I'm finally getting my run times where they need to be and will be working on transitioning back into lifting in the next couple of months. I'll probably restart with Starting Strength in order to make quick gains and then go to 5/3/1 again.

How's crossfit going?

I have an office job for the time being! Unfortunately I have a feeling it is going to get super repetitive.

I wish we had a Hooters/Tilted Kilt ambassador. Now that's something that we need here.

Yo Hello what's the best way to break into the beer industry? I kind of enjoying being out and about, selling and presenting things, I just wish it was for something I cared about.

Im going to the gym for the first time in awhile tonight. I hope I remember how to lift.

Yo Hello what's the best way to break into the beer industry? I kind of enjoying being out and about, selling and presenting things, I just wish it was for something I cared about.

Surprisingly, it isn't that difficult with the right resume.

I think the two distributorships in the triad are based in Gboro. I would try and see if they have any sales positions (I don't think we know them that well tbh).

Also, I know why you goons chat all the time during work. TOO MANY DISTRACTIONS. Imma need to bring a cooler full of redbulls.

Surprisingly, it isn't that difficult with the right resume.

I think the two distributorships in the triad are based in Gboro. I would try and see if they have any sales positions (I don't think we know them that well tbh).

No offense intended here, and I'm a Tribble grad, not Calloway, but it seems to me beer has to be among the easiest products to sell on the planet.

I'm not...the squat volume got to be too much for me, so I switched to 5/3/1 for a while and was LOVING that. The challenge is that at the time I was doing NO cardio; being that I'm still active in the National Guard, I have to regularly pass a PT test, so I stopped 5/3/1 a while back to just focus on running, push-ups, and sit-ups. I'm finally getting my run times where they need to be and will be working on transitioning back into lifting in the next couple of months. I'll probably restart with Starting Strength in order to make quick gains and then go to 5/3/1 again.

How's crossfit going?

its really good. i'm really sore most of the time but hopefully that will pass in a week or two. i joined a gym that a guy from the office goes to and i think we've got two more guys from work joining as well. so the competition should be good.

Sounds terrible. What possessed you to add PB?

Just a tiny bit of that (like 1/2-1 tablespoon's worth). Makes it a spicy peanut flavored sauce, bro. You've never had a sauce like dat on thai food?

Cookout/TW

any insight into the Microsoft Surface as a potential laptop replacement? I'm wondering if it has basic word processing capabilities. The $500 entry price is very enticing, but I worry it's too gimmicky a device just yet without enough functionality.

I'd really really really advise against it. The Pro has the potential to absolutely bawse sauce, but this early version isn't going to be something you'll be happy with long term. Even for something like word processing, apparently there are some major software issues (Word can't keep up with typing).

No offense intended here, and I'm a Tribble grad, not Calloway, but it seems to me beer has to be among the easiest products to sell on the planet.

Sure, but there is some science to carving out a higher percentage of the market share, knowing what products will sell where, proper advertising moves, dealing with the suppliers, and adapting to uncontrollable factors (gas prices, recessions, dips in tourism).

It can get pretty complicated, but I'm glad that it is beer as opposed to something less desired.

I'd really really really advise against it. The Pro has the potential to absolutely bawse sauce, but this early version isn't going to be something you'll be happy with long term. Even for something like word processing, apparently there are some major software issues (Word can't keep up with typing).

Grrr not what I wanted to read. I can't really seem to find anything in my price range.

Just a tiny bit of that (like 1/2-1 tablespoon's worth). Makes it a spicy peanut flavored sauce, bro. You've never had a sauce like dat on thai food?

Peanut sauce in Thai is not my favorite. I was thinking that it might be too sweet being peanut butter. Not sure I'm going to try this anytime soon so I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'll settle for taking your word that it was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back