• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 90's Alternative: It's Friday, mako loves to cut the grasssss !!!!!! (Smith, 1992) !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot palma waits for sandwich.

FxY5EaGWYAAE7Da

Layover is from 9:50am to 7:30pm. We’re gonna do a day pass to the admirals lounge to rest a little away from the poors and hopefully store our bags while we bop around but other than that, nothing planned.
Airport has luggage storage, just ask and they will direct you where. Take the T in and walk around. Beacon hill, Quincy Market, Public Garden, Newbury street, you’ll find plenty of things to fill your day.

WGAF if they eat Chick-fil-A ? Are only homosexuals allowed to boycott CFA ?

rhetorically fascinating to see the connection built between inclusion and disease (virus, infection, spread, etc.)

It will be interesting to see if this conservative outrage thing can do damage to more than one company (Bud Light) or whether it'll peter out like wall street bets.

Depends on what time it is for dinner and whatnot. The airport is very close to the city so it's not a pain at all to get in and out of there (although rush hour sucks obviously). If the baggage is checked through it'll be super easy to just dip into town.

For food, Neptune Oyster takes walkins throughout the day first come first serve. Small spot but phenomenal seafood. Walk around the North End and there are plenty of good food spots (Italian and seafood mostly). The aquarium is just down the blue line from the airport so you could just take transit from Logan to see the animals. The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Brookline is awesome (just take an uber there) and where the Rembrandts were stolen years ago. It's a residence turned into museum; Stewart Gardner collected tons of cool shit from around the world and her will stipulated that it would become a museum upon her death. Absolutely gorgeous.

Plenty of other things to do. Let me know timeline and any other things you like doing and obviously I can make recommendations. Just walking around the downtown area is fun if you've never really spent much time here (tons of history). Harpoon Brewery has a beer hall not too far from the Airport either. Super corporate these days and I haven't been in a few years but that's a fun spot to snag a couple beers although it's not really that close to anything else. If you go, Yankee Lobster is right next to it so definitely get a lobster roll or two (although it's pretty expensive right now).
This might be a super touristy take, but I loved the Harpoon + Yankee Lobster combo when we went a few years ago.

Nah, I decided the tickets just weren't worth it for anywhere I would want to sit and that amphitheater is hell on earth. It's been real though.
I had a coworker selling one but decided it was dumb to drive down on a Tue night and either pay for a hotel or drive back after the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back