• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, lately, it seems Ashley is getting up there on variants. I interviewed with someone named Ashlee this week and I assumed she was super young, but she's about my age (mid-30s).

There's no chance that your current job won't become more flexibile with working remotely once the pandemic is over? You're in editing/publishing, right? How collaborative is it?

I will continue to work from home. My wife's job is reopening her office in June, with an expectation she will be back full time then.

there is a 5 year old Great Dane at the local humane society that I am so close to going to visit/adopt.

How are you, btw, bro? Any update?

I’ve felt totally fine all week, including all day Sunday after the incident. Doctors did a bunch of shit to me and couldn’t identify anything obvious that was wrong with me, including blood sugar or blood pressure. They said they may want to do an MRI so we’ll see. And obviously said I need to go to the hospital right away if it happens again. Appreciate you asking.

Has anyone ever been to the Maldives? Found a pretty sweet travel deal and am considering taking the wife and kids there this summer.

Has anyone ever been to the Maldives? Found a pretty sweet travel deal and am considering taking the wife and kids there this summer.

no and can't imagine I'd want to. I have read trip reports on some travel blogs and that's always the holy grail destination since all the luxury hotel chains have resorts there. but it seems kinda boring to spend a whole day or two flying around the world to end up on a small patch of sand with basically only your hotel room (as nice as it is), a pool and a beach. as much as I love the beach, I'd want more out of a trip and can accomplish that closer, cheaper and probably better.

Yeah scratch the kids part at least. No way I’m spending a day on a plane with them.

no and can't imagine I'd want to. I have read trip reports on some travel blogs and that's always the holy grail destination since all the luxury hotel chains have resorts there. but it seems kinda boring to spend a whole day or two flying around the world to end up on a small patch of sand with basically only your hotel room (as nice as it is), a pool and a beach. as much as I love the beach, I'd want more out of a trip and can accomplish that closer, cheaper and probably better.

Yeah, like Gatlinburg.

My wife really wants to go and do the whole cabin on the water thing. It's just that you lose so much time traveling there and back.

it feels like a destination that has really benefited by the rise of Instagram

really annoys me when people blow up the gram with their travel pictures. just an odd flex to me. like you got a coffee in italy so you posted it to your story? didn't need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back