• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juice you just made me piss my wife off because this conversation made me think how superior old hymns are to contemporary Christian shit rock, so I told my wife the thing I disliked most about our current church is the music. She sings in the praise band. Thanks, dick.

any time

but i'm #teammako here -- praise and worship music is ass

just get them to play old hymns on acoustic guitars

I don't partake any more, but nothing worse than walking into a church and seeing a fucking drum kit

oh man I was about to come on and say that praise music sucks balls and if your church has a synth or electric guitar I want no part of it

my church has praise music and mixes in the old hymns too. I dig it.

where would you buy a blazer for a 16 y/o? goal is to minimize spend since he will literally wear it once. marshalls has apparently stopped carrying blazers or any other work attire.

where would you buy a blazer for a 16 y/o? goal is to minimize spend since he will literally wear it once. marshalls has apparently stopped carrying blazers or any other work attire.

Goodwill.

Juice you just made me piss my wife off because this conversation made me think how superior old hymns are to contemporary Christian shit rock, so I told my wife the thing I disliked most about our current church is the music. She sings in the praise band. Thanks, dick.

You aint wrong though. That contemporary whiny stuff, written by some dude that goes by all 3 names and wears skinny jeans, can't hold a candle to the old school hymns. If the piano player had an extra cup of coffee, you better watch out.

get something from uniqlo or a similar store. someimtes j crew factory or banana republic factory will have some on sale. i think i got my last one for $50 from BRF and i love it

is there a Dillard's outlet near you? They have some cheap blazers.

Man, I don’t know how I just realized this like 2 decades in, but every Strokes song sounds exactly the same.

Man, I don’t know how I just realized this like 2 decades in, but every Strokes song sounds exactly the same.

i'm into the sound and they're playing here tomorrow night but tix are a hundo for general admission and i'm not that into it

I played guitar for the Catholic services at Wake with Fr Jude. Now I am a church hating atheist.

Try Belk - their house brand (Saddlebred?) jackets are decent quality and not too expensive.

good dude, father jude

I tried to get him to co-officiate my first wedding to a non-Catholic woman and he was so condescending to her Methodist family. I lost a lot of respect and we “fired” him. I thought he was great up until then.

I’m divorced from her now, so maybe he was on to something.

I went to the mall earlier this month to buy a blue blazer for my 14-year old that he might wear 5 or 6 times. I would up buying an IZOD brand at Belk that was $80 but they were having a sale for which I didn't have a coupon but they just scanned a coupon at the register for me anyway for I got it for 20% off. This thing is cheap as shit and looks it, but I don't care.

The selection was extremely limited due to supply chain. Also, more than one salesperson told me that they got cleaned out on teenage boys sportcoats right before Easter, after selling next to nothing for two years. So you're kind of fucked. I found a couple of cheaper men's options, which were much more expensive than the boys, but those were picked over too.

I just burnt the living piss outta my finger on the broiler. 0/10

Back