• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Friday I tried plugging one of my work monitors into my apple laptop so I could write an email from gmail since gmail is blocked on work computers.

Today when I turn on my work laptop, it isnt recognizing the monitors when plugged into the docking station. If I plug one monitor directly into the laptop, it works so long as the other monitor isnt plugged into the docking station. I have tried to the best of my abilities to remedy this through settings and display but the monitors are not recognized. I am currently waiting for IT to save me from 1 monitor hell that I have incased myself in. Happy F'ing Monday.

Hi, I'm WakeandBake with IT. Did you try rebooting?

is your work laptop a Mac? mine is and they can only connect one monitor to it from a docking station, so I have to plug the second monitor directly into my computer to have dual monitors.

Anker fixed that!

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...s-m1-mac-external-monitor-support-anker-says/

If you have an M1-based Mac, Apple says you're limited to just one external monitor. But Anker, which makes power banks, chargers, docks, and other accessories, this week released a dock that it says will boost your M1 Mac's max monitor count to three.

The $250 Anker 563 USB-C docking station, spotted by MacRumors, connects to a USB-C port on your computer (which doesn't have to be a Mac) and can also charge a laptop at up to 100 W. Of course, you'll also need to plug in the dock's 180 W power adapter. Once connected, the dock adds the following ports to your setup:

is your work laptop a Mac? mine is and they can only connect one monitor to it from a docking station, so I have to plug the second monitor directly into my computer to have dual monitors.

No work is Microsoft. So I must have screwed something up in the display settings when I plugged it into the mac. Amazing thing is that if monitor is plugged directly into work laptop, I get the 1/2 display to come up in settings, but when both monitors are plugged into the docking station I get 1,2,3 monitors, but cant detect them and wont show anything up.

Riveting thread topic I know, but I am fixating on it now.

Booked trip to Greece over the weekend for late July/early August. Wife is 1/4 Greek and this is at the top of her bucket list. Couple days in Athens then 7 day cruise on a small, 148 passenger boat, through the Aegean. I'm sure there will be a lot of olds, but this seems like a good way to see 6 different cool islands (I guess Kusadasi is an old Turkish city, not an island), without having to navigate a shit ton of ferries, constantly be hauling luggage, etc. Food is supposed to be excellent, although I'm sure we'll eat local lunches at every stop.

The kick in the dick is getting a Scott's Cheap Flights alert 2 days later that we could fly from Nov-April for less than 1/2 the price of what we just paid.

Booked trip to Greece over the weekend for late July/early August. Wife is 1/4 Greek and this is at the top of her bucket list. Couple days in Athens then 7 day cruise on a small, 148 passenger boat, through the Aegean. I'm sure there will be a lot of olds, but this seems like a good way to see 6 different cool islands (I guess Kusadasi is an old Turkish city, not an island), without having to navigate a shit ton of ferries, constantly be hauling luggage, etc. Food is supposed to be excellent, although I'm sure we'll eat local lunches at every stop.

The kick in the dick is getting a Scott's Cheap Flights alert 2 days later that we could fly from Nov-April for less than 1/2 the price of what we just paid.

Which islands?

Mykanos, Santorini, Patmos, Kusadasi, Nafplio, Monemvasia. Seems like a good mix of the bucket list touristy ones, but also some cool smaller ones. Recs are certainly appreciated.

Whooo boy the wife just informed me that the MIL has told our kids that being gay is a sin and man there's about to be some real hard conversations happening when we get off work this afternoon.

Whooo boy the wife just informed me that the MIL has told our kids that being gay is a sin and man there's about to be some real hard conversations happening when we get off work this afternoon.

with MIL or with the kids

or with your wife :plos:

with MIL or with the kids

or with your wife :plos:

The MIL if the wife doesn't murder her first. Had to talk her down off of that bridge a couple mins ago. The kids will be an easy talk, because apparently the 7yo was the one that narced on Nana to begin with, but this is gonna be one of those if you persist on telling our kids these things when we're not around than you will no longer have access to our kids kinda talks.

Mykanos, Santorini, Patmos, Kusadasi, Nafplio, Monemvasia. Seems like a good mix of the bucket list touristy ones, but also some cool smaller ones. Recs are certainly appreciated.

My wife really wants to go to Corfu based almost entirely on the Jerry Durrell book "My Family and Other Animals" but I hear it has turned into the European Panama City Beach, basically a spring break beach party town and I expect she will be extremely disappointed.

Also, Greece is awesome and cheap and I loved the fact that I felt like a giant for the week that we were there.

My wife really wants to go to Corfu based almost entirely on the Jerry Durrell book "My Family and Other Animals" but I hear it has turned into the European Panama City Beach, basically a spring break beach party town and I expect she will be extremely disappointed.

We chartered a boat out of Corfu and cruised for a week.

As someone who has been to the magical PCB for many a spring break, I didn't find many similarities.

The MIL if the wife doesn't murder her first. Had to talk her down off of that bridge a couple mins ago. The kids will be an easy talk, because apparently the 7yo was the one that narced on Nana to begin with, but this is gonna be one of those if you persist on telling our kids these things when we're not around than you will no longer have access to our kids kinda talks.

Damn Mako's kids be snitching.

Ugh...good luck. I took the step of many many years ago preempting that talk by telling the kids that "Grandma and Grandpa believe a lot of silly and incorrect things, like 'men can't love and marry other men because it is a sin.'"

Ugh...good luck. I took the step of many many years ago preempting that talk by telling the kids that "Grandma and Grandpa believe a lot of silly and incorrect things, like 'men can't love and marry other men because it is a sin.'"

What did you tell Grandma and Grandpa though about teaching your kids things that were antithetical to the core beliefs you teach your kids?

Damn Mako's kids be snitching.

I learned you best not do anything in front of the 7yo you don't want the wife to know about. Little shit woke her mom up from a nap the other day to tell her I was drinking straight out of the milk jug.

Yikes, that's tough.

Well at least it sounds like you and wife are on same page.. surprised she isn't the one offering to have that talk with her parents though instead of you.

Yikes, that's tough.

Well at least it sounds like you and wife are on same page.. surprised she isn't the one offering to have that talk with her parents though instead of you.

Yeah, I probably misrepresented that we will both be having the talk with them, I'm just a little more capable of remaining rational and calm when the talk is taking place so I'll probably spearhead it lest she say something that gets us written out of the will.

Back