• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not on Facebook but my Instagram ads are all housewares, food and drink, and clothes

Ffs. Shitty day. Walked out back to mow the yard today and found my 7 y/o mutt puppy pancaked on the patio seizing. Thinking he ate some poisonous mushrooms in the backyard. Rushed him to the ER and a couple thousand bucks later he's still alive, but will be there over night and into the day tomorrow.

Was supposed to take the wife and kid out town tomorrow, and had the neighbor kid lined up to watch both dogs. Now gotta wait to see what the Doc says in the morning. If mutt puppy is at all capable of being left for a week, I'm headed outta town. I'm sure the Doc will advise me to stay with him. Fucking sucks

And my 11 y/o mutt puppy has been acting lethargic all night. Hoping if he ate any of the shrooms or any other shit in the yard that he's all good and has mild symptoms. Dogs, man. You rescue them, you love them, you do what you can...but I just don't see myself having many more animals after these 2 pass along. I found myself just sitting in my truck outside the ER weeping like a toddler over this whole situation. At what point is it just not worth it...?

Sorry creamy, sounds stressful. Hope your pups are ok.

Thanks man. I'll let you guys know the outcome tomorrow, if there is a clear one. Hoping for the best. My vibe meter has gone from 0/10 to 4/10 other the last couple hours. Ate a good meal, spent some quality time with the kid and haven't heard from the ER. I assume no news is good news. Maybe tomorrow I can pick up mutt puppy and he's back to his usual wild man self.

There is a 70+ year old man in front of me at this concert and we are wearing the exact same Peter Millar shirt.

I feel like this is a major milestone in my life.

Ketel One Botanical vodka spritz canned cucumber and mint cocktails are, I’m not ashamed to say, delightful and refreshing

Are you just getting ads asking to donate to the red cross at different impoverished places in the world? Like what are y'all seeing? I don't really read any right wing material, but what little engagement I had with people on facebook is arguing with covid deniers I went to HS with.

I get adds for travel -flights, hotels, sports tickets, movies, shoes, sports gambling,

very few, the stuff isn't being shared by people I know, it's all in the ads, which is why this onslaught of fake sam elliott and morgan freeman quotes are bizarre. I even go to block the maker of one meme, and then the algo gives me the exact same meme shared by someone else.

I feel like Facebook is dialing up the hate for engagement due to the stock price tanking last quarter

Instagram has turned into about 70% ads and promoted posts now. It’s fucking dumb and annoying.

Ffs. Shitty day. Walked out back to mow the yard today and found my 7 y/o mutt puppy pancaked on the patio seizing. Thinking he ate some poisonous mushrooms in the backyard. Rushed him to the ER and a couple thousand bucks later he's still alive, but will be there over night and into the day tomorrow.

Was supposed to take the wife and kid out town tomorrow, and had the neighbor kid lined up to watch both dogs. Now gotta wait to see what the Doc says in the morning. If mutt puppy is at all capable of being left for a week, I'm headed outta town. I'm sure the Doc will advise me to stay with him. Fucking sucks

Oh god, so sorry creamy.

Instagram has turned into about 70% ads and promoted posts now. It’s fucking dumb and annoying.

Tap the logo in the upper right and switch to “Following”. It’ll show you just a reverse chronological feed of the people you follow without ads or sponsored posts.

all my ads are clothes and shoes

my "ads" are all stuff I buy, at the moment just watches. But then my "suggested for you's" are right below the ads and just all the political garbage.

Facebook uses “Suggested for You” posts to help you discover new things on the platform. Suggested posts are based on your previous Facebook activity. They're not paid for. The platform identifies what posts might be relevant to you and invites you to check them out.

Oh shit, looks like I can turn those off

Last edited:
Like literally 2 posts below my friends baby pics, like seriously WTF?

794a49d30ff63a5bd16af0555290e4d0.jpg

easily like 10 of them in the first 50 things I scroll through

And my 11 y/o mutt puppy has been acting lethargic all night. Hoping if he ate any of the shrooms or any other shit in the yard that he's all good and has mild symptoms. Dogs, man. You rescue them, you love them, you do what you can...but I just don't see myself having many more animals after these 2 pass along. I found myself just sitting in my truck outside the ER weeping like a toddler over this whole situation. At what point is it just not worth it...?

Sorry to hear that. Our six month old rescue puppy was acting lethargic, vomiting and shaking on Thursday and after an expensive visit to the emergency vet we found out he had pneumonia. I don’t even know how a dog gets that in May.

my "ads" are all stuff I buy, at the moment just watches. But then my "suggested for you's" are right below the ads and just all the political garbage.

Oh shit, looks like I can turn those off

Facebook is a bad product that people shouldn’t use.

Back