• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i need to get a new tux. where should i go? don't want to spend $3k but i don't want something super cheap either.

so i need to get a new tux. where should i go? don't want to spend $3k but i don't want something super cheap either.

Is there an Indochino near you?

I bought my wedding tux at Suitsupply and wasnt exactly overwhelmed. Also do the felt shoes, Johnny Sacks was right, no one wears patent leather anymore.

Last edited:
First question is obviously do you have enough events that require a tux to where you should purchase instead of rent?

I went to Paul Simon last fall and got a made to measure Hickey Freeman, and a new shirt for under $2,500 or so. Used my old tie and cummerbund. Wound up spending $85 on some new decent looking standard studs at Taylor Richards & Conger. I went with a shawl collar instead of a peak, or notched lapel.

Not sure what your timing is, but you might want to go ASAP due to supply chain issues.

Is there an Indochino near you?

I bought my wedding tux at Suitsupply and wasnt exactly overwhelmed. Also do the felt shoes, Johnny Sacks was right, no one wears patent leather anymore.

I feel like the velvet slippers look better with a dinner jacket than a tux.

p sure diggler is a tall slim guy like me

you can't rent a tux that fits worth shit with this body type

yeah i'm buying - while it's not a monthly occurrence, I need it more than once a year. COVID bought me a couple of years off but it's time.

Indochino is in the mall a couple of miles away; what's their quality like?

Paul Simon was going to be my other choice so glad i'm on the right track.

I got an Indochino suit for a wedding and it is not high quality -- not sure what range of quality they offer, but mine is pretty cheap fabric

I got a suit from the Chicago outpost for Balani -- looks like they have one in Charlotte with tuxes starting at $1,500: https://www.balanicustom.com/pricing/

yeah i'm buying - while it's not a monthly occurrence, I need it more than once a year. COVID bought me a couple of years off but it's time.

Indochino is in the mall a couple of miles away; what's their quality like?

Paul Simon was going to be my other choice so glad i'm on the right track.

When I was looking it was about $800. What they lack in quality, they make up in custom fit. I have always found that a well tailored suit matters more than as higher quality suit (unless you are going with a the very best quality). If it fits you good, it looks good. A high quality suit that is baggy isn't going to look as good.

I am not a Jos A Bank fan by any means, but buying a tux from them was a no-brainer. I, surprisingly, have gotten several compliments on it, and always chuckle internally when they happen. Cost like 1.5x a rental, if I remember correctly.

I have a suit from Indochino and it's really cheap feeling (and looking imo). I got a black suit made by Bonobos for my brother in law's wedding that was black tie, and it looks and feels great. Think their tuxes are about $1000, so probably on the lower end of what you'd be looking for.

I got my tux from suit supply (+ taking it to tailor after for alterations) and it's been pretty good.

Back