• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely had a thing for the Lady Caps tennis team of the late 80s.

"throw like a girl" is so dumb. Guess what happens when you don't include girls in ball sports for generations? they don't learn how to throw properly, just like boys before they learn to throw

"throw like a girl" is so dumb. Guess what happens when you don't include girls in ball sports for generations? they don't learn how to throw properly, just like boys before they learn to throw

Yep.
PM's boy and girl learned to throw at about the same time. Shockingly, they're both able to throw really well and with proper form. Amazing how that works!

Chat Thread Asterisk: Tuesday and not much else

Girl, though younger and quite dwarfish, appears to be a much better natural athlete than Boy at this point. For now I'm putting most of my athletic goals and aspirations on her. Boy's way more likely to invent the Snowpiercer train for after Trump kills us all, so that's cool.

My wife throws like a girl. She threw out the first pitch once, from the front of the mound, and missed the mascot/catcher by 15 feet to the left. She got a do-over and did okay.

Girl, though younger and quite dwarfish, appears to be a much better natural athlete than Boy at this point. For now I'm putting most of my athletic goals and aspirations on her. Boy's way more likely to invent the Snowpiercer train for after Trump kills us all, so that's cool.

yeah, I think boy is the more analytical of the two (he's older) and girl kind of follows along with what he's doing a lot because she just thinks that's what you're supposed to do... but if left to her own devices, she'll get busy with some activities. She runs like crazy and she's fast; boy could be fast but he's just so darn laid back it's nearly impossible to motivate him to get after it. Girl's got way more fight in her.

Throw like a girl usually comes from the same dumbasses that think their kid is going to be some amazing athlete because they are dominating pre-pubescent sports.

Throw like a girl usually comes from the same dumbasses that think their kid is going to be some amazing athlete because they are dominating pre-pubescent sports.

I watched these 7-8yr old tryouts, and let me tell you - they're throwing curves and hitting pop-off doubles and it is legit!

off topic question, what is the deal with this ACC network extra thing, will our game actually be on tv or is it just streaming?

Girls still shoot basketball funny.

bc they're 2 feet shorter than the men, but the hoop is the same height. different physics = different shot.

I watched these 7-8yr old tryouts, and let me tell you - they're throwing curves and hitting pop-off doubles and it is legit!

No reason for a 7-year old to be throwing a curveball.

It's going to be fascinating to see the athletes that could out of this generation of girls who are actually encouraged to participate in sports by moms who are in the first generation of girls who were actively encouraged to play sports.

There was an anniversary party at my gym and some people brought their kids. One girl who was in my son's 2nd grade class last year sat down on the rower and just started rowing. And just kept rowing. "Mommy, I'm at 1000! Mommy, I'm at 2000. Mommy, I'm at 3000." After 34 minutes, she rowed 5100 meters. In a dress and sandals. With about a dozen people looking on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back