• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Autocracy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
willing to spend $1000+ on nerd computer but not wizard technology that puts similar capability into one's hand

$800 for six-year running investment
$1000 for maybe two-year running investment

one device can hold multiple TBs of data and render particle-based physics
the other holds GBs and renders Snapchat filters

>similar

$800 for six-year running investment
$1000 for maybe two-year running investment

one device can hold multiple TBs of data and render particle-based physics
the other holds GBs and renders Snapchat filters

>similar

yeah but you probably built and/or programmed your machine so you're way over on the "investment" and phones can last way longer than two years; i had my 4 for 5 and only traded because i felt like it (it still runs)

and something probably approaching 90% of people with computers are using them for the same things they use their phone - communication and masturbation

Saw LCD Soundsystem last night. Better experience than Townie had as they did not run out of Miller Light.

i mean, i get it that Apple charges a dumb premium for their brand, so he's right on that account.

lol itc.

I'm not over financially, so I assume you're talking about time? Once it's built (a few hours) - the only hardware time requirements is replacing faulty components - infrequent with proper air circulation. I don't do a whole lot of programming either? Some python/social network analysis stuff. Are you holding that time against me?

With regards to phone life, American users held onto their smartphones for an average of 22.7 months before upgrading in 2016.

I fundamentally disagree with your final made-up statistic. At this point, if you still own a PC, you're probably using it for something past C&M. All the lay computer users migrated to mobile over the last few years.

Not sure why we're discussing my PC though. The point that Apple charges a premium still stands.

Hey dinguses, there is a specific thread for Iphone discussion. I don't need people to judge me in the Chat Thread (squints at TK). Thanks.

I'm honestly not sure which is SkyNet though, google or apple. Could be either. Or both.

TK, you got strong at an NBA game, which was very cool and chill but you're being not chill now worrying about what type of phone everyone has.

Brasky, I was not planning to attend wine festival, but you should go and get your coworkers more drunk than they've ever been in their entire lives.

Also, #insider tip: if any of you have a faculty affiliation at a University you can get a legit 25% off of your monthly Verizon bill. Maybe staff too, idk. Probably military also.

TK, you got strong at an NBA game, which was very cool and chill but you're being not chill now worrying about what type of phone everyone has.

Not worried. Get whatever phone you want broh.

lol itc.

I'm not over financially, so I assume you're talking about time? Once it's built (a few hours) - the only hardware time requirements is replacing faulty components - infrequent with proper air circulation. I don't do a whole lot of programming either? Some python/social network analysis stuff. Are you holding that time against me?

With regards to phone life, American users held onto their smartphones for an average of 22.7 months before upgrading in 2016.

I fundamentally disagree with your final made-up statistic. At this point, if you still own a PC, you're probably using it for something past C&M. All the lay computer users migrated to mobile over the last few years.

Not sure why we're discussing my PC though. The point that Apple charges a premium still stands.

i'm giving you credit for being able to construct and program, a skill few have or are willing to try. i think $200 is way under for "labor" for the cost comparison sake

Sometimes people are chill and sometimes those same people are not chill. Beware of people who are chill all the time. Beware of people who are not chill all the time.

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade my email sign off. Best and Best Regards aren't getting it done for me anymore. Please advise me of better options. I'm currently considering "Cheers" as a leading candidate. Open to others.

Best,
Townie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back