• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
never been to Greece, but American Greek food is way overrated and it's the bottom of the Mediterranean foods

Where do you get these from? Farmers market?

Yeah for the most part, or local orchards/stores around where they are grown. Those were all from North Georgia. Im assuming the ones in the grocery store are just straight up mutants that don't even taste like the originals but have been designed to look good and be mass produced. Some of the different varieties have like a 2-3 week window of being available/being good.

my fam in michigan all have lil orchards with great apples

lots of fond memories just picking tons of wild berries and stuff for lunch as a little dude

Fresh fruit ripened on the tree/vine and enjoyed near the source >>>>> shit you get at the grocery store.

my grocery store does a decent job of getting some local produce, like peaches and tomatoes in the summer. they sold these great bunches of local basil all summer so I made a lot of pesto and caprese salads with said tomatoes.

melon + proscuitto is good

100% agree....drizzle with olive oil

Food in Greece>Food in Italy

I don't agree that it's better, but it is excellent variety. Greek food in Greece >>>>>> Greek food in America though.

Taking a cruise in a year from Venice to Athens, hitting a lot of places in the Adriatic along the way, so that will be sweet.

oh god, the Croatian port towns are insufferable when the cruise boats are docked, especially Dubrovnik

Fresh local food anywhere is usually good.

Italian Riviera, however, is pretty hard to beat.

My wife sent me this yesterday to try to capture what her life is like sometimes.

This is really uncomfortable to watch... so, yeah.
My usual analogy is that it's like being in the slow bumper car. You're in bumper cars, everyone's having fun... you know you should be having fun, it seems like fun, and yet the whole time you've got a stomach pit of dread bc you're probably about to get creamed/jostled -but maybe not- and then you get off the ride having had a debatable experience (Was it good? bad? I don't know?) and still all the adrenaline.

Whew, fucking WRONG.

It’s my hill that I will die on (when talkin’ fruit). Does absolutely nothing for me. Flavorless, messy, and if I am for some odd reasoning eating it for the water content, give me a glass of water. I don’t know if anybody eats watermelon for the water but :shrug:

We have a family acquaintance that is retired and grew himself a blueberry farm. Not a patch, but a farm. Huge. And good lord, the best blueberries I’ve ever had. So many different varieties that all tasted different. It’s now my retirement dream. Came home with a gallon of blueberries & froze some. Even when thawed & mushy, they were still flavor bombs.

Supposedly people with anxiety enjoy re-watching TV series and re-reading books because they already know what happens.[/URL]

Interesting! not true for me but still plausible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back