• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Mako. The only assigned reading I can recall from high school is Paradise Lost by John Milton. Tough read but great discussion.

Last edited:
Doing sedation dentistry on the 5yo this morning, and this kid is looooving this trip right now.

Favorites:
Crime and Punishment
Their Eyes Were Watching God

Least Enjoyable:
The Awakening
Portrait of a Lady (and Turn of the Screw - god, I hate Henry James)

I read Tess of the D’Ubervilles twice because I changed high schools.

Hated it the first time and really enjoyed it the second time around.

I read Tess of the D’Ubervilles twice because I changed high schools.

Hated it the first time and really enjoyed it the second time around.

Still probably my least favorite book ever. Well, that and The Scarlet Letter.

And can we say bad things about Maya Angelou yet?

my boy is writing some kind of presentation about the events leading up to the revolution. i am NOT a huge help.

There is an Indian family that moved into our neighborhood earlier this year and we see the grandparents walking pretty much every day.

We just learned yesterday that they were supposed to be here for a week long visit and then COVID hit and they’ve been living there for 7 months.

The Old Man and the Sea and The Most Dangerous Game were two of my favorites. Short and sweet. Fahrenheit 451 as well.

i did recently reread old man and the sea and i have to say i think a 24 hour arm wrestling contest is a bridge too far mr hemingway

There is an Indian family that moved into our neighborhood earlier this year and we see the grandparents walking pretty much every day.

We just learned yesterday that they were supposed to be here for a week long visit and then COVID hit and they’ve been living there for 7 months.

Man, that sucks so bad for them. It must be crazy stressful.

Man, that sucks so bad for them. It must be crazy stressful.

Apparently the wife is pretty to close to the edge. I could absolutely not live with my wife’s family for 7 months under almost any circumstances and particularly these.

some good friends of ours had the same thing happen, their 75 yr old mother was visiting when everything was shut down; she didn't go back to San Diego for 6 months. they were grateful for the free babysitter, though.

I still like my family better overall, but I think I could MUCH more easily survive 7 months with my in laws than my parents/sister. Is that weird? They're just much more chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back