• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea my mom and stepdad are coming thru next week for two days and i'm far more stressed about it than my MIL coming at the end of the month for a week

not weird

some families are just better to be around than other families

lol at my family existing in any rational fashion in my MIL's home (with my 30 y.o. twice divorced, pregnant at 17, SIL and her 14ish old son) for longer than 4 hours.

Shit would be lord of the flies on day 2.

never had a mosquito bite me on the back of my hand before. Also got one on the back of the head. WTF is up with this fucker?

Still alive. Wife and baby have it. Doesn’t seem to be affecting baby aside from minor fever. Wife has similar symptoms to me. I still can’t taste anything, am congested and have a headache. Also staying exhausted.

After reading guitardeacs experience, I’m considering us some of the lucky ones. Stay safe out there guys. This hoax will fuck ya worlds up.

I’m still living the “quarantine life with your in-law(s)” existence over here and it’s been manageable but draining for all of us. My father-in-law has at least been working part time which gets him out of the house but there’s just no playbook for this scenario. It’s been most difficult for my wife considering that she has a fair amount of emotional baggage with her dad but we are all hitting a wall. Just literally trying to make it to the point where I’m allowed to go back to the office for a couple days a week (still probably months out).

I’m allowed to go back two days a week but haven’t yet. I’m going in on Thursday just to get some peace and quiet and get some work done.

Hoping that moving forward my wife and I will each get one day in the office.

I could defs manage with my MIL. She's a super easy house guest/host. She'd just assume be by herself a lot of the time. My parents, on the other hand, would be tough to stay with for an extended period of time. Even if it were in our house where they could have the whole basement apartment/dungeon to themselves it would be a bit much. My mom is all up in everyone's grill all the time (not in a bad/judgey way, she's just always there and wants to talk about stuff), and my dad can just be a lot, especially in this election season where I have already gotten him to storm out of a restaurant and storm off to bed when everyone else was still hanging out.

We aren't supposed to go in at all without permission (though I haven't actually done that on the few occasions I went in), but I don't think we'll be open for all employees, even on a staggered basis, until next summer.

Still alive. Wife and baby have it. Doesn’t seem to be affecting baby aside from minor fever. Wife has similar symptoms to me. I still can’t taste anything, am congested and have a headache. Also staying exhausted.

After reading guitardeacs experience, I’m considering us some of the lucky ones. Stay safe out there guys. This hoax will fuck ya worlds up.

Wife's sense of taste impacted, eh?

We're already giving up office space in certain offices. Every business unit in Chicago has to reduce their footprint by 25%, so they've been canvasing people to see if they want to work completely remote, 2-3 days a week (in which case they would have to share desk/office space and coordinate with someone else who has the opposite schedule), or a full 5 days a week. They haven't asked my office that yet, but I'm not sure how I would answer. I don't really care about sharing an office, especially if I start travelling like I used to, so I think I would probably say 2 or 3 days a week.

We're already giving up office space in certain offices. Every business unit in Chicago has to reduce their footprint by 25%, so they've been canvasing people to see if they want to work completely remote, 2-3 days a week (in which case they would have to share desk/office space and coordinate with someone else who has the opposite schedule), or a full 5 days a week. They haven't asked my office that yet, but I'm not sure how I would answer. I don't really care about sharing an office, especially if I start travelling like I used to, so I think I would probably say 2 or 3 days a week.

We are taking on additional office space right now.

I have no real opinion on Hatch's performance of his job, but he was one boring-ass dude

if you were gonna spend 10k on a used car in an urban environment that sometimes has snow, what would you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back