• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted I'm coming at this as a parent of two boys (who are nowhere near teenage-dom), but my philosophy is basically the kids are going to see the awful shit in the world, just like I have. Best thing I can do for them is to help them feel loved at home and comfortable in their own skin so they don't go out seeking validation on the internet, and help them be good critical thinkers with good risk assessment skills so they don't automatically accept things they see. And also try to stay engaged with the content they are consuming so they feel comfortable talking about it with me.

leaning you work with pedophiliacs IRL kind of puts a different spin on your 5th grade humor on this board, and I'm not sure it's a good one.

People need to lighten up their spirits after dealing with heavy shit all day. One of the most ridiculous, immature but hilarious people I know is a trauma surgeon. Sees a lot of bad shit and unwinds by being funny and ridiculous.

Plus, these boards are for all of us to act like children and be silly. At least that's what I've always thought.

People need to lighten up their spirits after dealing with heavy shit all day. One of the most ridiculous, immature but hilarious people I know is a trauma surgeon. Sees a lot of bad shit and unwinds by being funny and ridiculous.

point taken. deal with shit however you need to, as long as it doesn't harm other people.

Chat Thread: men wring hands about vaginas

I bought some JBL Reflect Flows about a year ago and I’ve been really happy with them.

Three levels of noise reduction so you can still hear traffic and those sorts of things.

Had just nodded off on the couch and my old fatass dog just fell down the stairs. Scared the shit out of me, but he’s fine. Fucker is indestructible.

One may lead a horse to water,
Twenty cannot make him drink.
Though the goblins cuff’d and caught her,
Coax’d and fought her,
Bullied and besought her,
Scratch’d her, pinch’d her black as ink,
Kick’d and knock’d her,
Maul’d and mock’d her,
Lizzie utter’d not a word;
Would not open lip from lip
Lest they should cram a mouthful in:
But laugh’d in heart to feel the drip
Of juice that syrupp’d all her face,
And lodg’d in dimples of her chin,
And streak’d her neck which quaked like curd.

I have been stung by a scorpion once and do not want to experience it again.

As an east coaster soon to be a future Texan, this is something that concerns me. Can I let the dog hang out in the backyard without being worried about him getting stung or do I need to check the yard every morning before I let him out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back