• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite three movies of all time are Varsity Blues, Catch Me If You Can and That Thing You Do

Would any of those be comedies?

Your love of Varsity Blues is the most confounding thing about you.

watched The Mask the other night since it was on SyFy or something. Definetely the worse of his big 3 movies, but does show his range quite a bit. We watched Ace Ventura a lot when at Wake. Also used to be a big fan of In Living Color, starring one James Carrey as he was billed.

I watched the Mask like a month ago and it was really bad.

My wife and I watched Ladybird the other night. That was funny as shit to both of us.

I loved Ladybird, my wife thought is was meh. It's the type of movie we now describe as a "Charlie movie". Although she did really like Palm Springs.

She's so basic. Gah.

tough question

I think the comedy I dig is better suited for TV, with layered jokes, callbacks, running gags, etc.

Office Space or Monty Python and the Holy Grail were two tops for me during my youth

arrested development, then?

We're never home when our heating and air people or repairmen come to our house. We just tell them where the hidden key is and have them let the dog out and lock up afterwards. Is this incomprehensibly dumb for me to do?

We have keyless entry, and when we have a service or repair guy come when we're not there I usually ask them for the last 4 digits of their phone # and I set that as a temporary code to unlock the door; easy # for them to remember. Then when they're finished I take that code out of my system.
Thus works great, but obviously not for a keyed lock.

rolling stone, the magazine that said elvis invented rock and roll?

It was a readers poll. Anyway, you don’t have to agree with me - just giving you evidence that my opinion about the movie is more common than you thought.

I probably haven't seen it in 20 years, but young Juice thought the South Park movie was pretty funny

I loved Ladybird, my wife thought is was meh. It's the type of movie we now describe as a "Charlie movie". Although she did really like Palm Springs.

She's so basic. Gah.

Did you two watch JoJo Rabbit together? That was another movie we both laughed at pretty consistently.

Finding movies that we both wanna watch becomes more difficult as our marriage progresses. I think that's probably because she pretended to like a lot of the bullshit I like for my benefit early on in the relationship, but 2 kids and a decade later, she's done with all that.

My wife would watch horror movies with me in theaters when we dated, I found out later that she hates horror movies :/ I don’t think I ever faked liking anything for her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back