• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to keep my questions relevant to the discussion currently taking place and not introduce any new topics from here on out.

Now that it’s on topic, rj, are you a feminist?

If you say anything followed by RJ he will be super defensive about it, I mean he freaked out that I implied he owns a filing cabinet, which he definitely does.

Weird that Ballast Point would be sold to a microbrewery which only employs 9 people. Constellation bought it for a billion dollars just 4 years ago.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisf...brand-to-small-illinois-brewery/#48e14116741e

Also weird to read on here that beer production is at an all time low. Never woulda guessed. Seems like every city has 10 new breweries. Guess we just aren't drinking Busch Light anymore.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisf...-could-reach-decade-low-in-2019/#4a4a02852d98

Last edited:
Have fun shoving pineapples up each other’s dickholes.

I mean let’s be real. Peloton’s target market is clearly the private equity guy with the trophy wife that he controls and criticizes everything she eats, so is this actually surprising?

It’s harder for the weight loss industry in an era of body positivity. They can’t just fat shame people into buying their products. Peloton tries to market itself as a lifestyle brand even though the product is stationary.

I couldn't figure out how to pull the camera up on one of my student's new Iphones this morning, and the entire class started chanting "boomer" at me, and now I'm pretty sure I need counseling. Is this how we treat RJ?

Weird that Ballast Point would be sold to a microbrewery which only employs 9 people. Constellation bought it for a billion dollars just 4 years ago.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisf...brand-to-small-illinois-brewery/#48e14116741e

Also weird to read on here that beer production is at an all time low. Never woulda guessed. Seems like every city has 10 new breweries. Guess we just aren't drinking Busch Light anymore.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisf...-could-reach-decade-low-in-2019/#4a4a02852d98

The key take away from that is it’s harder to get the stats because there are so many more brewers and more distribution is local.

I honestly can't remember the last time I drank a major American macrobrew.

It’s harder for the weight loss industry in an era of body positivity. They can’t just fat shame people into buying their products. Peloton tries to market itself as a lifestyle brand even though the product is stationary.

There are still plenty of fat shaming weight loss ads out there because they still work. A Peloton costs almost $3,000 plus monthly subscription. They're marketing to people who can afford it. I'm not sure what the product being stationary has to do with anything. It's a piece of fitness equipment that you have to use everyday to justify the cost.

Have you had a Wicked Weed lately ?

Nah, don't care for sours, but I was in Asheville on a brewery hop right after they sold out. That place was a ghost town. Hipsters were PISSSSSSED!

EK9cwgBWsAAqVlY

*sigh*

Nah, don't care for sours, but I was in Asheville on a brewery hop right after they sold out. That place was a ghost town. Hipsters were PISSSSSSED!

they make more than sours -- that's just the Funkatorium.

so far I haven't seen as much backlash for New Belgium selling out, but maybe that's more because they're employee owned? Though from what I understand more of the people who will benefit from the sale are the more tenured employees who are in Colorado so idk.

I guess the only thing close to a macrobrew I drink is either NB or Sierra, but they make good ass beer and it's local, so win-win I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back