• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, teaches molecular genetics, mostly to grad students.

ETA: And runs a large lab, researching cystic fibrosis.

Ever hit up the DC Brewer's Ball. 1st Saturday of March. CF charity event. Regional food and beer. Good time. Great cause. Have a friend who did not realize he was a carrier until his daughter was born.

Yep, teaches molecular genetics, mostly to grad students.

ETA: And runs a large lab, researching cystic fibrosis.

Very cool. We need people like that. My uncle--math major, doctor, smartest person I know--is Catholic.

General question: how many hours of actual work do you think you do in a week and, of that work, what percentage could be done by a well-trained monkey?

I would estimate 20-25 hours a week, with probably 25% being outsource-able to monkeys.

Very cool. We need people like that. My uncle--math major, doctor, smartest person I know--is Catholic.

General question: how many hours of actual work do you think you do in a week and, of that work, what percentage could be done by a well-trained monkey?

I would estimate 20-25 hours a week, with probably 25% being outsource-able to monkeys.

I'm 20-25 hours a week myself. About to ask the bosses not to give me a big raise during next week's performance review, but just let me take on a 2nd job and/or golf with my free time. And if business goes south, I'll be willing to take a haircut.

they make more than sours -- that's just the Funkatorium.

so far I haven't seen as much backlash for New Belgium selling out, but maybe that's more because they're employee owned? Though from what I understand more of the people who will benefit from the sale are the more tenured employees who are in Colorado so idk.

I guess the only thing close to a macrobrew I drink is either NB or Sierra, but they make good ass beer and it's local, so win-win I suppose.

I think it's that it's employee owned so some people are getting out good (even if most of those are not Asheville folks), plus a combination of 1) not selling out to inbev who is much more a threat to other craft brewers in terms of trying to squeeze them out via purchases like WW (Kirin doesn't really have much of an American presence in terms of craft breweries) and 2) it not being an original Asheville brewery, so it wasn't really ever "ours" whereas wicked weed was home grown/started in Asheville..

Plus NB has a baller location/setup so it's still worth going to for that, vs wicked weed being in the middle of tons of other great fully local options.

Yep, 20-25 sounds right. I get all my work done before noon, and most days before 11 AM, since I spend most of my active workday in meetings with UK and India.

i got hella வாடிக்கையாளர்கள்

I haven't heard anyone complain about "Baby It's Cold Outside" this month, so it must not really be the Christmas season yet.

I've been on reflex station change mode once it hits the third note. Since before Thanksgiving.

In season, if you count time spent driving the bus to games or driving myself to scout games, it can get between 65-70 hours of time spent working. I haven't been home before 10 pm yet this week.

Offseason, 45-50 with time spent doing administrative shit and monitoring games, if you consider that work.

But then I also only work 15-20 hours a week during June, and don't do shit during July, so it balances out.

I don't think that there's any aspect of my job that a trained monkey could do. I feel a little better about myself today. Thanks Pit.

I heard it while I was recovering from my recent colonoscopy. Really put things in perspective.

I don't think that there's any aspect of my job that a trained monkey could do. I feel a little better about myself today. Thanks Pit.

Too bad we can't say the same about your posting.

Boom, killshot. Go wash that cheese out of your beard, champ, I mean, "chump."

In season, if you count time spent driving the bus to games or driving myself to scout games, it can get between 65-70 hours of time spent working. I haven't been home before 10 pm yet this week.

Offseason, 45-50 with time spent doing administrative shit and monitoring games, if you consider that work.

But then I also only work 15-20 hours a week during June, and don't do shit during July, so it balances out.

A trained monkey could throw feces at your students to get their attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back