• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google added 20k jobs in the city without asking for shit.

Dammit my NIMBY neighbors voted against a protected bike lane on my street because it would reduce parking by 25%. Some ChrisL nonsense.

Re: coats
Try a brand like Columbia (plenty others). Solid stuff. Can find decent discounts. Layer up if needed.

protected bike lanes are retarded. People just drive in them anytime you have to make a right turn.

Personally, I am interested in the difference between "giving" and "providing". Please proceed

I give you $20 million dollars. I provide you with a $20 million tax break when your tax bill goes from $20 million to zero. It's VERY different.

I'm a few days behind on this, but had a chart e-mailed to me over the weekend (which I can't post, unfortunately).

Median age of all US homebuyers:
1981 - 31 years old
2006-2010 (financial crisis) - Stable at 39
2019 - 47 years old

That's not good, folks.

Dammit my NIMBY neighbors voted against a protected bike lane on my street because it would reduce parking by 25%. Some ChrisL nonsense.

Are you on a major street, or is this on a side street? A 25% reduction in parking on side/residential streets would be a pretty big deal. There is a heavily used unprotected bike lane on the side street that I park on an drive on every day, and I've never noticed that there are any safety issues with the bikers. Frankly, I would think that cyclists would get irritated because a protected bike lane would get extremely crowded during rush hours and not allow them to weave and pass like they do now. But if they did take away 25% of the parking spots in my neighborhood that would be a big problem. Parking now isn't typically terrible, but taking away a quarter of the spots would make things very tight.

protected bike lanes are retarded. People just drive in them anytime you have to make a right turn.

telling on yourself and while i'm sure it happens, i've never seen this in action let alone as some sort of default state

BB&T and SunTrust execs buying homes in Charlotte. #incline

their poorly named merged company will cause a decline

giphy.gif

I think this means I should wait for the olds to die and flood the market with homes to buy myself

The era of W to the recession was marked by easy and often fraudulent home loans to people who had no business getting mortgages. Not to include that would be a mistake.

The Clinton years of 93-00 is also a bit stilted due to the creation of the internet economy which allowed millions of people to buy homes at a younger age.

This also impacts the age today as millions of those 20 somethings and 30 somethings are buying their second (maybe third) homes now. This also impacts the median age.

Further, there are millions of boomers who are retiring. moving and buying other homes.

There's no question the age is going up due to prices in many area.

Add to this, the median age going up (in 1990 it was 32.9 vs. 38.2 in 2018). This would add 5.4 years over that period alone.

Once again, numbers without context have little meaning.

I'm not saying there isn't an issue. I am saying there are many factors that explain important parts of it that raw numbers don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back