• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
We own three cars right now:
- Aforementioned 2006 Sequoia with 204k miles
- Wife's 2010 Mercedes C300 with 99k miles
- Kids' 2001 Toyota Avalon with 150k miles

Average age of our cars is about 14 years old. Good news is that all are paid for. I almost bought something new recently and then remembered FUCK THAT my car is fine.

You’d be amazed how much safer newer model cars are. Especially for kids.

None of the original jobs were guaranteed, their year 1 projection was 700. Amazon wanted a 99 year lease for no more than $31/sq ft, and was going to get two guaranteed tax credits regardless of jobs delivered if the deal went down. It was an ego trip plus Corp welfare plus as Strick says data harvesting.

Dude, it's Amazon. The odds of them not meeting their growth projections for headquarter jobs is pretty damn low.

Dude, it's Amazon. The odds of them not meeting their growth projections for headquarter jobs is pretty damn low.

I’m not trying to hear your dumb tax accounting takes on why corp welfare and Amazon paying no taxes is Actually Good. But a city that can’t or won’t fix its own subway shouldn’t just be giving Bezos a handout for more medium paying jobs that would only make metro’s congestion worse.

Now Amazon is amazing for the consumers, but you'd have to think its entire existence has been a net loss of jobs.

Think I need to start keeping some Kirin's in the fridge more often. Sometimes they just really hit the spot

What are some good brands for winter coats that don't break the bank? Spending a couple days in Aspen over Christmas, they don't need to be ski clothes. Or is this a piece of clothing where you just pay the price of something like ARC'tyrx cause it's worth it not to be cold.

Last edited:
Now Amazon is amazing for the consumers, but you'd have to think its entire existence has been a net loss of jobs.

not sure it's a net loss in jobs, but definitely net loss in decent paying jobs

record low unemployment bloated by so many low-paying jobs

What are some good brands for winter coats that don't break the bank? Spending a couple days in Aspen over Christmas, they don't need to be ski clothes. Or is this a piece of clothing where you just pay the price of something like ARC'tyrx cause it's worth it not to be cold.

I'm ten years into my time in Chicago and I've never owned a high-end winter coat

you'll be fine with whatever you think looks good (I won't make the joke) and a couple layers

Just came here to post this, first thing I googled

50f0d85c7e55fa2857758563a4745c0e.jpg

I got a nice Patagonia parka for like $200 last year that was hella warm in January in Finland and got use a few times aroun here last year.

I got a nice Patagonia parka for like $200 last year that was hella warm in January in Finland and got use a few times aroun here last year.

It seems like half the country is wearing this brand the past year or two, but they always looked lighter

This is a heavier coat than just the puffy jackets. I’ve been wearing Patagonia since I was a little kid. It’s always been popular but didn’t know it was trendy now. Surely you saw a bunch of people with it at Wake.

The stuff holds up very well and if you’re into it their corporate sustainability is about as good as it gets.

Then out Aether Space Hoodie 2 or Ghost jacket.
Everyone has Patagonia and you eat Wagyu steaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back