• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post from my Nextdoor feed:

Cat hit on S. Kings last night
Hi there. Last night around 6:30, my boyfriend and I noticed a car had stopped on S Kings with its hazards on and a lady had exited the car. We live on S. Kings by Coniston. We saw what appeared to be an animal in front of her car, so we ran over to see how we could help. She had seen a cat lying in the road, and turned her car around to check on it. Unfortunately, the poor baby had passed away, so she had turned her hazards on to prevent anyone from hitting the sweet baby. My boyfriend moved the sweet kitty from the road and placed him on the curb. It did not have a collar on, but appeared to be healthy and loved. Animal control would not respond to a deceased animal. They said solid waste would come in the morning and to leave the cat. Well, the nice lady who stopped, and my boyfriend and I,could not do that, so we called Long Animal. The lovely woman who stopped took the kitty to Long Animal who scanned for a microchip. Unfortunately, the sweet baby was not microchipped. The lovely lady who stopped and took the kitty to Long paid for the sweet baby to be cremated.

I am so sorry if this was your sweet fur baby. The kitty did not appear to have many outward injuries, and we lovingly and carefully placed him in a box with a towel to keep him snug, and he was transported to Long in the box. Please know that your sweet baby was cremated and taken care of the best way we knew how.

Thank you to Kim for stopping and taking care of this kitty, and for giving animal control a piece of your mind. You’re an angel.

1 hr ago · Cats

people are fucking insane re: cats. it is beyond reason.

there was a daylong battle that i dipped out of after a couple posts about not feeding ferals. about 20 women excoriated me for letting these poor, sweet kitties STARVE and FEND FOR THEMSELVES and be subject to disease and malnutrition and probably being spirited away like Pinocchio or whatever.

i'm like - they're mostly litters from escaped cats that kill everything even if you do feed them, carry disease and are generally awful for the environment per thousands of scientific studies.

"THE WAY YOU TREAT ANIMALS SAYS A LOT ABOUT YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDDDD"

That poor sweet kitty fur baby. Thanks to that lovely and nice lady for helping that sweet baby.

which pneumonic devices from school growing up do you still remember?

a few I remember:

- Quadratic equation to the Frere Jacques tune
- Order of operations with PEMDAS - Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally
- SOHCAHTOA for trigonometry

just this

giphy.gif

I knew cats were shit in general. Then I read Jonathan Franzen's Freedom, which has an entire subplot devoted to how destructive cats are on the environment in general, and specifically on the songbird population. I'm sure birdman could expound on this, but for real, fuck cats.

Don't you dare talk about those sweet lovely fur baby kitty angels like that!

We all know the REAL bird killers are the wind turbines.

And they cause cancer.

which pneumonic devices from school growing up do you still remember?

a few I remember:

- Quadratic equation to the Frere Jacques tune
- Order of operations with PEMDAS - Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally
- SOHCAHTOA for trigonometry

My Very Elegant Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas

Just got back from picking up the Stefan Grossman collection in New Jersey. What a nice man, and he has some stories.

"Oh yeah, Paul (Simon) was following me around England trying to get in touch with me after he broke up with Artie (Garfunkel). I played on his first US solo release."
"Oh, yeah, I knew Hendrix in London. But of course I knew him back in Manhattan as Jimmy James, when he was getting a band together then."
"Yeah, was on a 10-day tour revue with The Who. There were a bunch of us who went on this West Coast swing and would play one song. They destroyed their equipment every day for 10 days after playing one song. Can you imagine?"
"The first guys I called when I got to London were Clapton and Ginger Baker. Of course Baker had nothing at the time, they hadn't hit it big yet."

Shit like that. He was super nice, though. He's worked with everybody.

Sparta was picturesque in a little Bavaria/planned-Nazi/WASP community sort of way.

Last edited:
Why do kids draw dicks on every book that I give them?

is over of = percent over 100

one from Spanish class...this and these have their T's but that and those wear no clothes (este/esta/estos/estas vs ese/esa/esos/esas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back