• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 5 favorites are:
1. Jules Verne in Paris
2. Solociccia in Tuscany (Dario Chicchetti's restaurant)
3. Craft
4. French Laundry
5. Canlis in Seattle

Craft and the variants like Craftsteak are probably consistently some of my bigger disappointments. Been to each like 3 times, just don't indentify with his flavor profiles I guess.

I definitely don’t appreciate restaurants enough apparently. I can’t do this list.

I would have a better chance at 5 coolest places I’ve ever bought a beer, though.

I definitely don’t appreciate restaurants enough apparently. I can’t do this list.

I would have a better chance at 5 coolest places I’ve ever bought a beer, though.

Favorite bars could be a good thread. Soggy Dollar was up there for me. My favorite cocktail bar ever, Hawthorne in Boston, closed permanently during COVID. In addition to spending countless nights there and becoming friends with a lot of the employees we had our pre-wedding welcome party there so that one hurt.

Best meal I ever had was a chimichanga that came from an open air kitchen above a dive shop in Cozumel. Been chasing that dragon for 12 years.

WRS you pick up some ice cream from the drop today? I'm pumped to dig into this Turkish Coffee pint tonight.

I've been to plenty of nice restaurants but couldn't name them. My most memorable dining experiences are usually about the circumstances like the shitty sandwiches my friends and I shared when we legitimately thought we were going to die when trapped at the top of a mountain in the lakes district in a terrible storm.

Thinking you're going to die really makes you appreciate the little details of the dining experience

Is it weird that I don't sleep with a pillow?

My wife decided the nighttime cuddling was donezo after baby number one so for the last 5 years I’ve slept draped across her pregnancy body pillow.

The one dining experience that stands out for me was a little hole-in-the-wall type Italian joint near a shopping mall. I guess it's a word-of-mouth thing because they didn't take reservations, but it was plenty busy. When we got there, they told us it would be nearly an hour for a table and they gave us this light-up coaster thingy that would buzz when they could seat us. Totally worth the wait, though! The inside was really rustic looking with columns and greenery. We barely got to the table and they brought out these incredibly soft and garlicky bread sticks. We polished those things off in nothing flat and then the server brought even more along with this giant bowl of salad that everyone shared, so it was a family-style approach I guess.

As for the main course, my friend had the "fettuccine Alfredo" and I had this chicken cutlet cooked in a mushroom wine sauce, called Marcellus or something. We figured that Alfredo and Marcellus must have been like Italian emperor names or something and the food was named after them. LOL. Unfortunately, we ate too many breadsticks, so we couldn't get dessert, but I bet that was awesome, too. We saw another table with this giant bowl of chocolate something that would have been enough for one-and-a-half people!

I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with name of this place, it was like "olive grove" or something. Anyway, when we were there, we felt like family. 5 Stars!!!

WRS you pick up some ice cream from the drop today? I'm pumped to dig into this Turkish Coffee pint tonight.

Yeah but I only got the Salty Malty. Really, really wanted the one that he described as sort of like egg nog? Still excited for this one though.

I had some damn delicious guinea pig in Peru. Probably my most memorable meal.

I think it actually might be better for your spine/posture to not use a pillow if you sleep on your back -- not sure on your side

I only like very thin pillows

What about sleeping on your stomach? I don't find it comfortable to have my neck at that angle.

I think that the apex of married life is banging one out and then going to separate rooms to watch tv because you don’t have to pretend to like each other’s shoes anymore.

My wife decided the nighttime cuddling was donezo after baby number one so for the last 5 years I’ve slept draped across her pregnancy body pillow.

a0227a.jpg

Mako has a waifu. Nice.

In Finland all the hotels give you a thin mattress, really thin blanket that just covers your body, one sheet and a pillow that can’t be more than 2” thick. And the beds are the typical euro style where they’re twins pushed together. I guess they figure that’s all you need.

I've eaten at some nice restaurants. Best meal I've ever had was a Wendy's in Albuquerque, NM after a 120 miler over six days at Philmont. Over eight days - a day at base camp, six days on the trail, and another day at base camp - of reconstituted whatever-the-fuck and pemmican bars, that fucking Wendy's double tasted like the love child of Mana from heaven and ambrosia.

I nearly vomited after eating it, and immediately did atrocious things to that poor Wendy's bathroom.

I'll never forget tasting that first bite though. It was like static electricity touching my tongue and then my whole mouth tingled from the front to the back. Fucking religious experience.

15 year old diggler destroyed the albuquerque mcdonalds upon arriving back after 2 weeks hiking at philmont. This was in 1988 - i have our group photo on my wall right her next to my desk. When we got to mcdonalds, they had a 10 cheeseburgers for $5 deal going, so I ate that.

shortly afterward, 15 year old diggler destroyed the albuquerque mcdonalds bathroom.

15 year old diggler destroyed the albuquerque mcdonalds upon arriving back after 2 weeks hiking at philmont. This was in 1988 - i have our group photo on my wall right her next to my desk. When we got to mcdonalds, they had a 10 cheeseburgers for $5 deal going, so I ate that.

shortly afterward, 15 year old diggler destroyed the albuquerque mcdonalds bathroom.

This is the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back