• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
37af48e747954ad51ab2d0c4b725cbf4.jpg

Lotsa this going on

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/552533/

Racism, materialism, militarism.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/21/martin-luther-king-jr-day-legacy-radical

Last edited:
It was like 8.5 from Miami when I went. I guess you’re factoring in a long layover?

Out of Burbank. LAX is a complete nightmare now that they banned all ubers and taxis and make them all pick up off site, so wanted to give this a try.

Guess I accidently booked Jetsuite (review here). Thought I booked Spirit both ways.

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/06/jetsuitex-e135-economy-review/

:cliffs: on this uber/taxi thing and LAX? Is that what I've read about you have to take a shuttle somewhere else for ride-share pickup?

Can you still get a lyft/uber directly there for dropoff/departure?

You aren't supposed to drop people off or pick them up. I'm not sure what the penalty is.

:cliffs: on this uber/taxi thing and LAX? Is that what I've read about you have to take a shuttle somewhere else for ride-share pickup?

Don’t listen to RJ. Uber drop off is still curb side.

Yes, you take a shuttle to the Uber/Taxi thing, and/or you walk 15 minutes. Once you actually get there, it's been smooth and quick for pickups, better than before. But when there are more people trying to get on a shuttle than there is space, and these shuttles aren't designed to accommodate everyone's luggage, that part isn't fun. One trip back last week the wife and I took different taxi's/uber's home cause we were so pissed at each other.

Did Wake Forest apologize for not allowing people to dance ?

Yes, you take a shuttle to the Uber/Taxi thing, and/or you walk 15 minutes. Once you actually get there, it's been smooth and quick for pickups, better than before. But when there are more people trying to get on a shuttle than there is space, and these shuttles aren't designed to accommodate everyone's luggage, that part isn't fun. One trip back last week the wife and I took different taxi's/uber's home cause we were so pissed at each other.

Word, thanks y'all. Gonna be flying in for a conference in a couple days, and I thought I'd read getting one at arrival would suck, but glad drop off isn't regulated at least. I might just try to walk to the place if it's allowed.

15 minutes from the gate or 15 minutes from ground transportation?

15 mins from after you get your bags, so if you got a heavy ass bag it sucks. Also depends which terminal you fly into. Terminals 1 and 8 are pretty close, 4 and 5 are pretty far away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back