• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are making fun of ourselves this morning, I'll freely admit I had no idea how to sign a check over to someone else, so I had to google it this morning.

ok is this different than writing a check because I don't actually know what you're referring to otherwise

I’m having the mother of all “first world problems” mornings. I’ll surely open up myself to a good round of bashing over this but here goes...

—Our house cleaner misplaced one of the shoes I was planning to wear this morning so I spent 15 minutes scouring my bedroom for the other.
—My wife moved the keys to my car some inconceivable place when she left this morning so I ended up driving our Honda Fit to work.
—The fancy coffee place down the street messed up my $5 latte but I had already waited too long to have them fix it.

Being an upper middle class white person is hard.

I'm guessing you might be upper class, my friend

ok is this different than writing a check because I don't actually know what you're referring to otherwise

Yeah. Check to me from my insurance company, which I then want to sign over to the contractor who did the work. Easier than depositing it and then writing them a new personal check.

On the back, you endorse. Pay to the order of: name. Then you sign it, right?

one time i used a $15 check my grandmother sent me in a birthday card to buy a teenth, endorsed it right over to my buddy

I'm ready to win the lottery. This whole getting up and going to work everyday bullshit is tedious. I don't understand why super rich people would continue to do it after they don't have to anymore.

I'm ready to win the lottery. This whole getting up and going to work everyday bullshit is tedious. I don't understand why super rich people would continue to do it after they don't have to anymore.

Because everyone they associate with is equally super rich and you can never have enough money to beat the next guy.

I just Googled to determine whether I’m upper class. A Pew study apparently concluded that 19% of America lives in “upper income” households with a median income of $187,872 in 2016. Guessing a good many people here qualify. We know Biff does at a minimum.

I’m having the mother of all “first world problems” mornings. I’ll surely open up myself to a good round of bashing over this but here goes...

—Our house cleaner misplaced one of the shoes I was planning to wear this morning so I spent 15 minutes scouring my bedroom for the other.
—My wife moved the keys to my car some inconceivable place when she left this morning so I ended up driving our Honda Fit to work.
—The fancy coffee place down the street messed up my $5 latte but I had already waited too long to have them fix it.

Being an upper middle class white person is hard.

I don’t think that means what you think it means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back