• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Palm Springs for Xmas and noticed a new kind of business. For a few years, there have been pot delivery services in OC and LA, but I saw something in Palm Springs I haven't seen here. They have drive through pot stores.

I wonder if you can get fries with your weed? It would be really convenient and cut out the middle man.

Awesome. But you missed an RJKomedian opportunity with "McMiddle man."

I feel like the milhouse reveal at he’s not just a cranky cracker almost boomer is a bigger reveal than anything JJ Abrams had in store for us

I really need more information on this.

Long time no chat.
Logged in specifically to say there’s a thread on the front page of reddit (from r/unpopularopinions) asserting that boobs are not that attractive and are better when they’re covered up. PALMA IS THAT YOU?!

I almost never have cereal in the house, but after making a sweet chex mix last week I have a box of golden grahams that I've been enjoying the fuck out of. I pretty much like any cereal.

Long time no chat.
Logged in specifically to say there’s a thread on the front page of reddit (from r/unpopularopinions) asserting that boobs are not that attractive and are better when they’re covered up. PALMA IS THAT YOU?!

Late night feedings are a good time for posting.

has anyone around here ever made a new year's resolution, followed through, and positively improved their life in a long-term way?

For serious after birdie was born I decided to lose some weight (coinciding with new year’s) and lost 105 lbs over 8 years and have generally kept it off. Back on the grind tryna lose 20 more to get to ultimate goal.

As far as I can recall I've never made a new years resolution

has anyone around here ever made a new year's resolution, followed through, and positively improved their life in a long-term way?

Got in much better shape between Jan-May 2017 and have pretty much held that level of fitness.

Better shape meaning went from ~210 to ~195 and dropped body fat %... At 6'2", I don't really want to drop any more weight than that.

I've also read a lot more consistently after resolving to do so a few years ago.

But yeah, I think new year's resolutions are largely silly. I do use this time of year to get more organized at work and at home, though. That's beneficial.

My wife and I started going to Orangetheory after our second kid was born. She was all-in with it. I was just casually going for the first two months and I committed to incorporating it into my schedule at the start of the year and I’ve stuck with it.

Five years ago, my wife I and committed to scheduling more nights out with friends we had been losing touch with as we were all having our second kids. Now we go out at least two or three times a year each with two other couples and have them and their kids over to the house probably once a year. We also made friends with our kids’ friends parents and hang out with them very regularly.

For serious after birdie was born I decided to lose some weight (coinciding with new year’s) and lost 105 lbs over 8 years and have generally kept it off. Back on the grind tryna lose 20 more to get to ultimate goal.

whoa nice

But yeah, I think new year's resolutions are largely silly.

I don't think so, even if they're not terribly effective.

I think there's a benefit in the mental build-up toward a big lifestyle change, so even if you don't follow through on a New Year's resolution, the mental prep work may pay off months later when you finally get things going.

I also think there is cultural/social value in benchmarks for reflection. Birthdays are another good time for that for me.

As a child, I was encouraged to do little resolutions. I never really appreciated it. My family is very non sentimental. Life events tend to not be tacked exactly to a date. We'll have birthdays a week off, or sometimes other holidays a day or two off. We're really big on goal setting, though we've just never really tacked it to a day.

If you don’t mind where did you start off that you’ve dropped 105? And how?

Got as high as 325. Basically started with closely watching diet using MyFitnessPal. Weight started to fall off pretty quickly (20 lbs in a couple months). Rediscovered my love for tennis. Slowly lost down to like 260ish. Plateaued for a bit and then just restarted diet/MFP and lost maybe 15 more. 2 years ago joined Orangetheory and got in my best shape getting down to like 215-220. Injured my knee and had to travel a ton which put me back to 230. Got back into OTF over the last two months, back close to 220.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back