• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling a little down about this Iowa Caucus and the complete incompetence of the DNC and the overall shittiness of the Democratic candidates. I feel like I need to hit a titty bar and get wasted in the afternoon and blow $600. Unfortunately, I'm too old for that now.

Buy a 12 pack
Go home and rewatch the halftime show
Send me a check for $480

I just saved you $100. You’re welcome.

Time for you people to get your shit together:

“What does your dad do?”
“He’s a representative”
“He’s a congressman?”
“No”

you guys are pretty clever to come up with these insurmountable counterexamples

I just don’t think representative is a good replacement for businessman otherwise I’m fine with this and try to do it in real life

Partner means business partner and any other use is confusing, dumb, and trendy.

Besides, boyfriend and girlfriend are unlike the other no-no words in that they are gender correct. A female police officer might have a right to get gender pissed if you call her a “policeman,” but your girlfriend doesn’t have a right to get gender pissed if you call her your “girlfriend.”

Partner means business partner and any other use is confusing, dumb, and trendy.

Besides, boyfriend and girlfriend are unlike the other no-no words in that they are gender correct. A female police officer might have a right to get gender pissed if you call her a “policeman,” but your girlfriend doesn’t have a right to get gender pissed if you call her your “girlfriend.”

Cool. Junebug found the chat thread.

Unpopular opinion thread is that way

I'm fairly sure if any of my friends in real life started pushing gender neutral pronouns I'd have to defriend them

Anyone else spot the irony here?

The plural noun?

“Them?” Yeah but not quite because it’s a singular pronoun in that sentence.

“Them” refers to “any” which is a singular term. So palma is using a gender neutral pronoun to refer to one friend who could identify as male, female, or whatever.

I was making a more-than-one friend joke

but yeah, call people what they want to be called -- pretty easy

Not sure where to post this, but people say "twitter is awful" and then this gets posted to twitter just yesterday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back