• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a niche thing to complain about when you share the road everyday with at a minimum adderall and bang energy strung out truck drivers in 30+ ton vehicles.
Again, not end all, be all solution but part of the bigger picture.

I’m sure folks would also love the idea of lowering speed limits to 20mph on local roads.

Just had a kid have a pretty prolonged seizure in the class next door and no matter how many times it happens I'll never get used to that. A nice thing though is being in a redneck school and having like 3 kids in every class that are on the VFD so they know what to do and can assist with the situation.
had a kid have a seizure across the table from me in 7th grade science

maybe it's just me but it feels like drivers are more aggressive and less aware in this post-covid world

i see so much reckless shit -- starting to really hate cars

police car just blew a stop sign and smoked a guy on a bike this week

lots of killed cyclists in Chicago this year

An Uber driving ran a red light this morning, got clipped by the light rail, and the passenger died.

I am sure that is going to be a doozy of an insurance claim to figure out.

police car just blew a stop sign and smoked a guy on a bike this week

lots of killed cyclists in Chicago this year
yeah as I said earlier a dude just came barreling down our road last night and went into the opposite lane and killed the other driver.

maybe it's just me but it feels like drivers are more aggressive and less aware in this post-covid world

I have kind of sensed that everyone is less aware -- pedestrians, bikes, and cars -- but with cars/motor vehicles that obviously can come with a heavier price. Also not a huge fan of cars, but feel more like tractor trailers need to be abolished and we sort something else out re: transport/delivery shit.

Yeah the amount of absurdly aggressive drivers I see daily is nuts now. Definitely feels way different. People going 20+ over the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic, etc. Generally not even on highways either.

An Uber driving ran a red light this morning, got clipped by the light rail, and the passenger died.

I am sure that is going to be a doozy of an insurance claim to figure out.
Human driver or self-driving? I guess that goes for both the Uber and light rail.

Yeah the amount of absurdly aggressive drivers I see daily is nuts now. Definitely feels way different. People going 20+ over the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic, etc. Generally not even on highways either.
I have the opposite experience. I have the impression that there are far more inattentive drivers on the road now. No idea on causation/correlation on whether it is the pandemic driving rust, more glued to cell phone, or some other confounding factor.

I used to give the bird if I drove past someone who cut me off or did some unsafe move, but now I don't want to get shot or have some other road rage thing happen to me

transition from consoles with knobs to LCD screen console without any tactile engagement is one of the worst design movements in automobiles

its ugly and its dangerous as shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back