• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
FblE-3oXwAAI9Ul.jpg

almost 10 years ago

Okay I guess we’ll just say pontoon boats are the worst kind of boats.

Barca, we had a beautiful ProStar 197 when I was in HS that we used to take over to Lake Wheeler when we lived in SE Raleigh. Pure performance machine. My parents bought a Supra 21V after that which was sick (and much more friendly to large groups) but kind of a pig for handling.

BBD, lake sailing around here def sucks. Think my dad did an intro class at Jordan Lake then recently got his entry level captain certification down in Charleston. He and my mom recently chartered a boat for the day out of Oriental and he sailed it. Planning on doing the same down in Charleston later this month. Love sailing but for the investment, maintenance, etc think I’ll stick to the charters.

First boat we had growing up was an old Whaler Outrage 21 that we bought from a guy who bought it from the production crew of Jaws 2. They filmed most of it locally and used the boat as a camera boat. Not sure if it's one of these boats, or if they had several of the same model.

pr07276.jpg

jaws-4.png

I’ll be spending time on my parents’ tritoon starting tomorrow.

It’s good for kids and for them as they get older as getting on and off is much easier.

@YB, I still have yet to go to the southern Utah parks, but need to make it happen ASAP. So no recs there, but there's been lots of chatter on here in the past.

And re: bears, I'm not afraid of black bears at all, though I've been in one or two somewhat sketchy situations around a mom and her cubs. But grizzlies are a different story, and they're apparently most active in Montana in September/October. I'm thinking a couple cool/crisp days after a heat wave is gonna have them all hopped up on mountain dew.

need to find that video of a dude backing up down a trail filming a mountain lion stalking him for like 8 minutes

The amount of app slander on the sports board makes me sick to know you folks.

Boats, firepits, and mansions.

How many double-digit millionaires do we have on the CT? Boards wide?

0-5 folks
5-10
10+

I gotta think the CT is still in the 0-5 range, but might be really close to the 5-10 slot (PH DEAC). Board-wide, we're easily in the 10+ range.

I spent all fuckin morning looking for my AirPods case and my wife came home and found it in maybe 45 seconds

I love that they have that ability, but it pisses me off when they gloat about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back