• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we found a way to cut the population back in half I think we’d be good. So send half to Mars and call it a day.

Last edited:
good afternoon rise-n-grinders

just finished praying (secular) to my Bezos statue and about to dive back into one of my 4 freelance gigs

already logged a few hours this AM of data entry after I chugged my bulletproof coffee

stay productive!

Reminds me of the first time I went to the Guinness brewery museum in Dublin. If you haven’t been, it takes you through the history and brewing process, and makes many references to it being, you know, a stout. There are a bunch of vintage ads calling it black gold and showing dark pints of beer. At the end of the tour youre at a bar with panoramic views of Dublin and you’re given a pint.

My sister and I were sitting there enjoying our drinks when these two American men brought their wives their pints, and both the women seemed dumbfounded that it was a dark beer. “It’s so dark ! Why is it dark? Did you know? I had no idea.”

I actually wrote my law school personal statement about the view from the Guinness factory sky bar. Something about all the cranes dotting the sky and the process of renewal or something.

I’m sure it would make me disgusted now but it panned out at the time.

just finished praying (secular) to my Bezos statue and about to dive back into one of my 4 freelance gigs

already logged a few hours this AM of data entry after I chugged my bulletproof coffee

stay productive!

Be your own boss 😤😤

So between unprecedented flooding in Germany, rising COVID cases in pretty much all of Europe, and some weird Havana Syndrome is Austria, I'm a lot less pumped about our trip to those two countries. What are the odds of a European New Years trip happening given projected surge? When we booked it we were thinking like 75%. I'm now thinking about 25%. Maybe less.

I actually wrote my law school personal statement about the view from the Guinness factory sky bar. Something about all the cranes dotting the sky and the process of renewal or something.

I’m sure it would make me disgusted now but it panned out at the time.

with ironic juxtaposition of quotes from early twentieth century novel!

kinda feels like most of these billionaires aren't even going to space tho

like (laika and gagarin aside) it feels like you gotta make at least one orbit to really say you went into space now

At least Bezos strapped into a legit rocket, that Branson “space flight” was weak AF. That said, SpaceX is so far ahead of both that it’s kind of hard to take either seriously.

stay productive!

Did you post about it on LinkedIn?

Hard to get excited about billionaires doing less than what the government did in the 60s.

Bezos' rocket looks like a penis. I guess a lot of them do, but his seems especially dickish.

dumb government they had a perfectly good market sitting right in front of them and they didn't even try to exploit it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back