• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it’s arguably the best cheese for a burger/sandwich.

Reminds me of the first time I went to the Guinness brewery museum in Dublin. If you haven’t been, it takes you through the history and brewing process, and makes many references to it being, you know, a stout. There are a bunch of vintage ads calling it black gold and showing dark pints of beer. At the end of the tour youre at a bar with panoramic views of Dublin and you’re given a pint.

My sister and I were sitting there enjoying our drinks when these two American men brought their wives their pints, and both the women seemed dumbfounded that it was a dark beer. “It’s so dark ! Why is it dark? Did you know? I had no idea.”

Last edited:
Spot on description. Guinness is dark in America too btw you uncultured cunt !

Happy what-would-have-been-your-73rd-birthday to Keith Godchaux.

How much would you pay for a seat on these space flights happening? If money was no object, I’d pay whatever. Going to space is a dream.

Biiiiig tree fell last night. About 5 feet from my car.

I’d pay just so I could murder Bezos in space, where there is no legal jurisdiction.

If money was no object, I’d pay whatever.

A well-known object relations joke is the fool who thought he was a grain of corn. After some time in a mental hospital he was cured; now he knew that he was not a grain, but a man. So they let him out; but soon after he came running back saying, 'I met a hen and I was afraid she would try to eat me.' The doctors tried to calm him down. 'What are you afraid of? You know you are not a grain, but a man. The fool answered: 'Yes of course I know that, but does the hen know?'

If by the time I'm 75, flying to the moon/mars is basically like current commercial air travel, then sign me up. Until we've gotten a few thousand/hundred thousand safe/successful space flights under our belts, I'll hold off on going out in a blaze of glory. I'll jump out of a plane if I need that much adrenaline rush.

If I was asked to be part of the first group of people on Mars, I don’t think I would hesitate for a second in saying yes. Granted, I do not yet have a family of my own. And the whole operation would be highly questionable if they asked me.

Kinda remarkable that humans only made it work on earth for like 300,000 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back