• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to be clear on this: you're paying $9 for a 12 pack of sparkling water?

I don't not like them, but they weren't significantly better than like a whiteclaw or something.

I dig the highnoons, but they are crazy expensive.

This weekend I crashed at a friend’s apartment because I was in a night before most others got in for a bachelor party. They had some High Noons so I drank a few by the pool. Later in the weekend I swung by the store to grab a 12 to leave in their fridge and just about choked when it was $30!! They are good as hell though.

I can't buy High Noons due to their affiliation with Dave Portnoy. Fuck that guy.

giphy.gif

What are considered some of the best retirement/country club scenes in NC/SC/GA? I started researching these the other night, as I'd probably hate being around that many R leaning folks, but at the same time I'd totally be down with that gated golf community life w/ an active country club scene w/ Tennis & pickleball n shit.

Gonna need to be a bit more specific here given the sheer number of options - mountain, city, or coast? Since we were talking about the coast, Kiawah (the resort or probably even more so the Kiawah Island Club) and Eagle Point (outside of Wilmington) would probably be the best two elite country club options IMHO. Other good/great coastal options I can think of: The Reserve or DeBordieu (Pawleys), Sea Pines or Long Cove (Hilton Head), or Sea Island (GA). Tons more.

Polar Orange Vanilla is a great option too.

Waterloo pineapple makes a great mixer with some white rum.

Spindrift is by far the best, IMHO. Real juice vs. "natural flavor" that tastes like they somehow combined early 90s TV static and lime/berry/whatever.

Lacroix key lime and polar orange vanilla are the staples here. I also like the polar cranberry lime.

Pretty much any of the lime flavors whatever the brand are passable, that’s pretty much a no brainer flavor.

Gonna need to be a bit more specific here given the sheer number of options - mountain, city, or coast? Since we were talking about the coast, Kiawah (the resort or probably even more so the Kiawah Island Club) and Eagle Point (outside of Wilmington) would probably be the best two elite country club options IMHO. Other good/great coastal options I can think of: The Reserve or DeBordieu (Pawleys), Sea Pines or Long Cove (Hilton Head), or Sea Island (GA). Tons more.

My dad's now-retired business partner has a house at the Olde Edwards Club in Highlands and it is ridiculously nice. We're gonna spend a weekend up there in September.

i was up with the baby from like 4:30-6 this morning before passing him back over to my wife and then i passed teh f out and didn't wake up until like 10:30

surprised the dog didn't come wake me up, i completely forgot to set an alarm cause i haven't needed one in so long oops

felt awesome though, not sure i've sept that late in about 5 years

My dad's now-retired business partner has a house at the Olde Edwards Club in Highlands and it is ridiculously nice. We're gonna spend a weekend up there in September.

My sister, mom, and wife have all been up there for separate reasons in the last 9 months. All raved about it. My parents best friends have a house at Diamond Creek and are members of Grandfather CC as well. Really waiting for that invite sometime soon!

My sister, mom, and wife have all been up there for separate reasons in the last 9 months. All raved about it. My parents best friends have a house at Diamond Creek and are members of Grandfather CC as well. Really waiting for that invite sometime soon!

His whole house is built hanging off the side of a mountain and us massive. Has incredible views of the mountains and course form below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back