• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
had some hard seltzer on tap last week that was super opaque, almost like it was juice -- not like any seltzer I'd seen before and if you hadn't told me it was called a seltzer I never would have thought it was that

it was delicious though

Last edited:
We got a variety pack from Sweetwater while at the beach and they had in there what I can only call an IPA seltzer that was gross as hell. It was labeled as a malt beverage and low calorie but tasted of an IPA like a flavored seltzer would compare to an actual soda if that makes sense.

Office ice cream lady brought me a jar of homemade Cuban black beans. She grew up in Miami so she knows how to do them. They are quite possibly the best black beans I’ve ever had.

Office ice cream lady brought me a jar of homemade Cuban black beans. She grew up in Miami so she knows how to do them. They are quite possibly the best black beans I’ve ever had.

I married into a Miami Cuban family so I take this for granted. Enjoy.

What is an “office ice cream lady?”

My dad's girlfriend talked about how she and him had a very Scottish relationship, despite her being Italian and my dad being some Germanic mix. I think this comes from watching Outlander and having taken a trip to Scotland one time, apparently they got handfasted, which I believe is something else from Outlander. This is why she had a bagpiper at his funeral.

Now I am starting to wonder what is a Scottish relationship? Were they treated poorly by the English, did my dad walk around wearing a kilt, did they sit in chairs in July drinking scotch talking about how cold and rainy it was.

Things I will never know.

My dad's girlfriend talked about how she and him had a very Scottish relationship, despite her being Italian and my dad being some Germanic mix. I think this comes from watching Outlander and having taken a trip to Scotland one time, apparently they got handfasted, which I believe is something else from Outlander. This is why she had a bagpiper at his funeral.

Now I am starting to wonder what is a Scottish relationship? Were they treated poorly by the English, did my dad walk around wearing a kilt, did they sit in chairs in July drinking scotch talking about how cold and rainy it was.

Things I will never know.

They don't call it scotch.

Forgot during #talkingseltzer, but we stumbled on a new seltzery in Portland (ME) that had just opened called Apres next to a few other breweries. Was expecting not to like it but both the Lemon/Lime/Pine & Cucumber/Cantaloupe were extremely good. Tasted much more like cocktails than normal seltzers, with the first one tasting like a really well made G&T. Would recommend.

I got swimming merit badge at daniel boone. I have never been so cold.

Of course our troop goes to Grimes and I'm not a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back