• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I hear “Whistle While You Work” I can’t help but start singing the Ying Yang Twins version

I get your point, but less than two seasons ago on the NBA thread there was talk about how the NBA sucked because GSW was going to win championships for years. Then Toronto won. Now the Lakers won. Lebron is almost 40... That isn't going to last. It's a competitive league.

This. I think people complaining about NBA player movement are usually complaining about players having the power and freedom to play where they want to play. Kawhi forced a trade and won a championship for Toronto. It was a lot of drama, but all things considered it was a fair trade. AD wanted to play with Lebron, so the Lakers traded several years of past and future drafts to get him. Franchises are willing to make big moves to get the players they want. That's fine. That's not new. Neither is players taking less than market value to play on a contender.

Save the outrage for if the league manipulates the draft so the Lakers get Bronny. Otherwise, if your team drafts good players and wins, good players will want to play there.

This. I think people complaining about NBA player movement are usually complaining about players having the power and freedom to play where they want to play. Kawhi forced a trade and won a championship for Toronto. It was a lot of drama, but all things considered it was a fair trade. AD wanted to play with Lebron, so the Lakers traded several years of past and future drafts to get him. Franchises are willing to make big moves to get the players they want. That's fine. That's not new. Neither is players taking less than market value to play on a contender.

Save the outrage for if the league manipulates the draft so the Lakers get Bronny. Otherwise, if your team drafts good players and wins, good players will want to play there.

Just want to point out that, clearly, no one is outraged, just voicing their opinions. And, you're correct, it is the free movement that makes the NBA worse than it otherwise would be, imo. And, with very few exceptions, the best players want to play in the biggest markets with a history of winning. It's not as easy as draft the best players and they will come.

Things would be much improved if the NBA had a hard cap.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure I could beat Biff in a game of one on one.

Which poster is the best baller?

I swam in high school until my senior year when I decided to play basketball so I could be in a sport with my good friends.

I was not good, but could outjump the tallest guy on the team, was only 6-4, so I would be put it just for the tip and then taken out the rest of the game.

That's my basketball story other than winning the c league in intramurals at wake.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth Charlotte is the 9th largest media market city in the NBA.

NY
LA
Chicago
Houston
Phoenix
Philadelphia
San Antonio
Dallas
Charlotte (incline!)

I did theater in high school. I was a behind the scenes guy though. Worked my way up to stage manager senior year.

For what it’s worth Charlotte is the 9th largest media market city in the NBA.

NY
LA
Chicago
Houston
Phoenix
Philadelphia
San Antonio
Dallas
Charlotte (incline!)

@TAB. Fuck your aquarium, bro.

It is. Even the trades. The Raptors don't get Kawhi without trading their own draft picks in DeRozan and Poeltl and another pick. The Lakers may not get AD without trading high ceiling players they drafted in Ingram and Ball. That trade probably doesn't work with Dragan Bender and Josh Jackson (the Suns later picks in those drafts).

I swam in high school until my senior year when I decided to play basketball so I could be in a sport with my good friends.

I was not good, but could outjump the tallest guy on the team, was only 6-4, so I would be put it just for the tip and then taken out the rest of the game.

That's my basketball story other than winning the c league in intramurals at wake.

Just the tip.

I did theater in high school. I was a behind the scenes guy though. Worked my way up to stage manager senior year.

I was the lead in 3 Ashe County Little Theatre musicals as a child, including a tour de force performance as Oliver Twist. Then I hit puberty and my voice changed and my singing career ended.

It is. Even the trades. The Raptors don't get Kawhi without trading their own draft picks in DeRozan and Poeltl and another pick. The Lakers may not get AD without trading high ceiling players they drafted in Ingram and Ball. That trade probably doesn't work with Dragan Bender and Josh Jackson (the Suns later picks in those drafts).

The Raptors championship is a total outlier brought about by a brooding self-involved weirdo who was trying to get to a big market team but needed a pit stop.

Hey mako validate me and my Richard Bachman takes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back