• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CIII: CIII, Me gusta

Status
Not open for further replies.
CT I AM BACK!

I met some dude at the OCNJ gym today who's son played football at Wake. Chris Plank was his name. (son's name)

Anyone know him?

Playing Los Verdes today. $30 round right smack on a peninsula mountain surrounded by the pacific ocean. Ain't get any better than that.

p_losverdes_0.jpg

51200_723200860139PM194.JPG

Read silver linings Playbook this morning. Hangover setting in. Nap imminent.

Laundry, work out, made breakfast and gonna go sit by a guy's pool this afternoon.

My friend just posted this to facebook, and it about sums up my feelings today:

"Alright brain, I don't like you, and you don't like me, but let's just write this paper and I can get back to killing you with beer."

My friend just posted this to facebook, and it about sums up my feelings today:

"Alright brain, I don't like you, and you don't like me, but let's just write this paper and I can get back to killing you with beer."

Sounds like a completely original and non-Simpson related quote.

Love Cliff Paul and the locker full of argyle.

This is kind of wild, but I feel like I'm too young for the Simpsons. I'm 25, but I never knew anyone that watched the Simpsons except for people about 10+ years older than me.

DeacHoops, did you know anyone injured at trail days? Sounds like a pretty terrible situation :/

as far as i know, nobody from the AT class of 2009 was involved. in the hiker parade, you line up according to the year you hiked, so at most, two classes would have been hit (but everybody's kind of smooshed in together, so it's unsurprising that the guy was able to hit 50+ people at one time). as far as i've seen so far, they haven't released names or anything (not that real names would help much regardless. most people only know your trail name unless you were close enough friends to keep up after the trail), so i don't know for sure. but everything i've heard from my friends that were there was that nobody from 2009 was involved.

it's really horrible though. i mean, they say it was just a terrible accident. i'm sure it wasn't intentional. but the entire festival is just one big relaxing, fun time. and the hiker parade itself is just one big giant water balloon fight with the people who live in damascus. a car running through a giant crowd of people is the absolute last thing that would be on anybody's mind.

as far as i know, nobody from the AT class of 2009 was involved. in the hiker parade, you line up according to the year you hiked, so at most, two classes would have been hit (but everybody's kind of smooshed in together, so it's unsurprising that the guy was able to hit 50+ people at one time). as far as i've seen so far, they haven't released names or anything (not that real names would help much regardless. most people only know your trail name unless you were close enough friends to keep up after the trail), so i don't know for sure. but everything i've heard from my friends that were there was that nobody from 2009 was involved.

it's really horrible though. i mean, they say it was just a terrible accident. i'm sure it wasn't intentional. but the entire festival is just one big relaxing, fun time. and the hiker parade itself is just one big giant water balloon fight with the people who live in damascus. a car running through a giant crowd of people is the absolute last thing that would be on anybody's mind.

yeah, i knew that about the lining up by year thing... wasn't sure where in there things happened. the article i read said the driver was an older thru-hiker himself, but no more than that. such a bummer on what i know is a fun weekend.

yeah, i knew that about the lining up by year thing... wasn't sure where in there things happened. the article i read said the driver was an older thru-hiker himself, but no more than that. such a bummer on what i know is a fun weekend.

oh dang, i hadn't heard that he was a thru hiker himself. all i heard was that he was 80ish years old, which makes sense since they're saying it was a medically related incident. but wow, if he was also a thru hiker, if he had any idea what was happening (just wasn't able to stop it), then i bet he was just devastated.

oh dang, i hadn't heard that he was a thru hiker himself. all i heard was that he was 80ish years old, which makes sense since they're saying it was a medically related incident. but wow, if he was also a thru hiker, if he had any idea what was happening (just wasn't able to stop it), then i bet he was just devastated.

yeah, this is the quote i had from the AP:
Damascus Police Chief Bill Nunley didn't release the driver's name or age but said he was participating in the parade and he had traversed the Appalachian Trail in the past. Multiple witnesses described him as an elderly man.

This is kind of wild, but I feel like I'm too young for the Simpsons. I'm 25, but I never knew anyone that watched the Simpsons except for people about 10+ years older than me.

Seasons 3-8 are some of the most brilliant television of all time, particularly 4-6. By far my favorite episodes of anything ever. I'm 28 so not far from you.

what'd you think of the novel version of SLP deaccav? hopefully my talking about it inspired you a little bit to read it.

NOW READ BLOOD MERIDIAN WITH ME! IT'S VIOLENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back