• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CIII: CIII, Me gusta

Status
Not open for further replies.
what? (this is in response to palma's photo policy)

my neighbor brought me tomatoes and jalapeños from his garden. pretty sure he's cartel. big ass house enclosed like a fortress.

I need a fill in on the suicide cop ghost thing. What's the what with that one? I have seen it mentioned a couple of times now.

my old lady neighbor told me about a cop in the 70s who lived in what is now my house. He lost his police job (he disciplined/slapped his girlfriend's son and she reported it) then started robbing banks, but due to a busted tail light they figured out it was him, but he wouldn't be taken alive and shot himself in the backyard. stay safe suicide cop ghost.

Nobody does shit in our neighborhood. We used to take presents to every new neighbor, but nobody ever does anything in our neighborhood.

We're one of 2 houses who leaves garage lights on at night. Only a handful of people give out candy at Halloween.

I think it's time to move.

Nobody does shit in our neighborhood. We used to take presents to every new neighbor, but nobody ever does anything in our neighborhood.

We're one of 2 houses who leaves garage lights on at night. Only a handful of people give out candy at Halloween.

Yeah. My neighborhood does a 4th of July parade, candy at Halloween (beer for the adults!), and cookouts pretty regularly. My street kind of rules.

or you could try to revive it. some families in my parents' neighborhood didn't like how little was done on halloween. so they started doing a big neighborhood event every halloween at like 5:00, just in the middle of one of the streets. they just had hot dogs and chili and some sodas. nothing major. but everybody from the neighborhood would go and hang out, and then the kids would trick or treat as soon as the dinner was over. that way, everybody was assured that the kids would be done trick or treating by like 7:00, and they'd have the rest of the night for themselves. they also wouldn't start trick or treating until 6, so nobody had to worry about being home before then.

Went to a neighborhood on 4th of July that had like 300 people hanging out and doing like water baloon toss and egg toss competitions across the street, was awesome.

my new neighborhood is kinda weird in that everybody is young/seems nice, but NOBODY has introduced themselves to me! it's so strange! the only neighbor i know i know because he went to wake and i met him at one of the raleigh happy hours.... (i wonder if he posts.... :couch:)

i take that back. one other neighbor introduced herself. she was biffles with the girl who sold her house to me before so i'm giving her all her mail.

I don't leave my outside lights on overnight. Is that a thing?

my new neighborhood is kinda weird in that everybody is young/seems nice, but NOBODY has introduced themselves to me! it's so strange! the only neighbor i know i know because he went to wake and i met him at one of the raleigh happy hours.... (i wonder if he posts.... :couch:)

i take that back. one other neighbor introduced herself. she was biffles with the girl who sold her house to me before so i'm giving her all her mail.

I thought it was biffers, ya can't just go making things up now, there are rules. There's no L in best or friend.

my neighborhood is pretty mixed age-wise. and in my experience, the older people are way more likely to be neighborly than the young people. not necessarily people who are actually old. but people who are not in their 20s. my previous next door neighbors were in their mid-30s and had a couple of kids. the couple that replaced them is at least friendly, but i know essentially nothing about their lives, whereas the previous people were pretty good friends. like i don't even have my new next door neighbors' phone numbers.

of the rest of the people on my street, the friendliest are all 50+. young professionals just don't seem to be interested in making friends with their neighbors (but this is just my experience. maybe other people live in neighborhoods with other experiences).

all of my outdoor lights are motion-sensored. drives me nuts. i want to be able to leave the lights on at night (or at least just at halloween), but unless somebody walks into my driveway, they're off. i have no idea how to fix/change that.

We don't ever turn out outside lights on in front, since we have a giant-ass street light as bright as the sun to keep everything nice and bright... all night long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back