• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played in high school and was #1 man on a pretty good high school team (for Upstate NY)... Got down to about a 4 handicap.
Played off and on at Wake and after graduation (couple of times a month) until I went back to grad school in my late 20s.
Played a ton at UF in grad school... Was in the full-time MBA program and it wasn't overly difficult. Left me a ton of time to play golf and the on-campus course was a cheap Donald Ross design.
That was just over ten years ago...

I got married in 2012 and that cut it down to playing like once a month.
Since 2014, we've had 3 kids and I haven't played a single time in 3 years... The last time I played was at Peachtree Golf Club in May 2017 (that place is amazing).

Have been to the range a few times in the last year... Holy shit do I want to start playing almost everyday again. But I'll have to put it off until my kids get a little older and maybe want to join me.

If I went out tomorrow, I'd probably shoot a 90, which would destroy my ego.

i was on the morehead city middle school golf team because my dad had some clubs

i was easily the worst kid on the team

so then he made me join the wrestling team

i was easily the worst kid there too

yeah, seems like being able to put a plan together/visualize/etc all kinda work across both..

that's surprising the mid-range has that much stability, I'd think it'd "turn over" more often given the properties of those discs, but I haven't ever thrown a leopard or shark tbh (and ideally that slight right/going back to left is the exact behavior you want on long drives), can't go wrong with the aviar for putting

that plastic level will probably not last as long through the long haul, so if you start picking up more discs I'd get those at least in the "champion" plastic.. and then probably would just add a super stable driver (less likely to turn over to the right unless you absolutely crush it, great for big right to left shots on a backhand if you need lotta curve) like a destroyer and a driver like the valkyrie which is one of my favorites in terms of versatility/ease of use (I have like 3 of these in my bag). my favorite and pretty much always go-to mid range disc the discraft buzzzz, it just has a great feel to it and can do a lot of different shots.

what

the only sport I was decent at as a kid was soccer

wish I had stuck with baseball longer tbh

I was decent at baseball until I took up golf. Afterwards I’d only hit weak grounders to 2nd base I couldn’t outrun with my speed

the only time i played baseball on a team was early elementary school

the Japanese program named their youth teams after MLB teams and just copped real team hats for the kids

i was on the Braves and the Mariners

my dad took me to a Cubs-Mets game in the Tokyo Dome and I saw Mike Pizza and Sammy Soda which was p neat

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYN/NYN200003290.shtml

if u had the choice between getting $800 and never listening to japanese breakfast again

if u had the choice between getting $800 and never listening to japanese breakfast again

I don't know what Japanese Breakfast is, so I would take $800. Speaking of $800, I finally got a wire transfer this morning of about that much from a winery we went to in Sicily in October for some wine wine that never showed up because it was held up in Customs. Never thought I'd see that money, so that's pretty cool.

Since y'all were talking about her yesterday I checked out Phoebe Bridger and i might dig some of her stuff. I also remembered that she has some not nice things to say about my boi Ryan Adams, which makes me sad. But him being a cunt isn't really all that surprising. I'll still subscribe to his entire catalog.

speaking of weird trade offs

reading Dipayan Ghosh's new book rn on silicon valley bad

he explains hyperbolic discounting using a weird example

two options - accept $100 from me right now or $125 at the exact same time tomorrow - he claims most people would take the $100 now

like, i get that valuation of the gift that offers immediate gratification is higher than the present value, but 24 hours, really???

should have been $100 from me right now or $125 in a week - that's more believable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back