• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not against fried seafood I’m against fried fresh seafood. Like the fresh part is key. Fried seafood in landlocked shithole Ohio is hardly different because batter, oil and fat is overpowering. So might as well use your 14 day old frozen farm raised south East Asian seafood

So if you throw out a net in the Carolina coastal waters and catch some fresh shrimp, you should put them in the freezer for two weeks before frying them and eating them ?

Think you mean shandy.

Yeah, Google agrees with you, although having golfed in Scotland/Ireland years ago, I distinctly heard multiple people/bartenders say the word as "shanty". Perhaps just mishearing the accent I guess though.

6a083114f3a7c28bd00f78add53a60c5.png

i'd cop that label

it's a good label

i'll never be as good at anything as belle and sebastian are at naming albums and that makes me sad

So if you throw out a net in the Carolina coastal waters and catch some fresh shrimp, you should put them in the freezer for two weeks before frying them and eating them ?

No you should just eat them anyway but frying

I’m not against fried seafood I’m against fried fresh seafood. Like the fresh part is key. Fried seafood in landlocked shithole Ohio is hardly different because batter, oil and fat is overpowering. So might as well use your 14 day old frozen farm raised south East Asian seafood

Nah - texture and taste of fresh caught fried seafood is light years better than the frozen/farm raised stuff. You also don't have to cook it as long.

Also, I'm not sure you've ever had good Calabash style seafood with a very light, almost flaky, batter. Perhaps you're a frozen, beer battered cod man. Trust the Gorton's fisherman, after all.

I’ve had Calabash, a waste of fresh seafood that’s what I’ve been arguing. It’s a fat southern/adopted by Midwesterner thing.

Since, the MODS won't let RJ post random thoughts anywhere else. I have to do it here on his behalf. BILLIONS upon have spent researching, producing and marketing products that grow hair. Countless BILLIONS upon have been made selling those products. Why hasn't any reverse engineered research to create pill that blocks growing a bear? You could make untold BILLIONS from people who don't like shaving. Hell, this could be expanded to all body hairs. Companies would have to have armies to count the money women would spent not to have to have to shave.

This seems so OBVIOUS. I'm surprised it hasn't happened.

Since, the MODS won't let RJ post random thoughts anywhere else. I have to do it here on his behalf. BILLIONS upon have spent researching, producing and marketing products that grow hair. Countless BILLIONS upon have been made selling those products. Why hasn't any reverse engineered research to create pill that blocks growing a bear? You could make untold BILLIONS from people who don't like shaving. Hell, this could be expanded to all body hairs. Companies would have to have armies to count the money women would spent not to have to have to shave.

This seems so OBVIOUS. I'm surprised it hasn't happened.

I was really hoping you'd bear this cross and do exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back