• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear about Paul's in W-S closing, not because I thought it was any good, but because people in W-S seem to think it was good when it was really just a bunch of cheese covered slop. See how I'm showing empathy now ?

GET DRESSED UP !!! WE'RE GOING TO A CLEARLY MEDIOCRE ITALIAN RESTAURANT !!!! THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE PIZZA !!!

Myrtle Beach obviously sucks but NC/SC beaches in general are vastly superior to New England.

I'm sorry to hear about Paul's in W-S closing, not because I thought it was any good, but because people in W-S seem to think it was good when it was really just a bunch of cheese covered slop. See how I'm showing empathy now ?

I was there back in February. Had the Scaloppine Alla Frescca and thought it was quite good. No cheese on it.

Myrtle Beach obviously sucks but NC/SC beaches in general are vastly superior to New England.

I agree, I’m posting from the antithesis of Myrtle beach in South Carolina right now. It’s just that somehow Myrtle beach defense gets wrapped up in all beaches where it sucks bad, like 2&2 vacations there that’s all that needs to be said, argument over.

But you can get good fried "fresh" seafood up and down the SC coast.

I would have said clamcakes instead of clam strips but I assume like 2% of people here know what clamcakes are

Paul's gave off the strong Goodfellas Italian gangster vibe, and I appreciated that.

Those are the tips, pretty much verbatim, my buddy gave me. I don't know his handicap, but he was much better than I was. If you don't think they're good, or you have others you want to share, feel free. Otherwise, don't be an ass.

oh like we have better shit to do.

I agree, I’m posting from the antithesis of Myrtle beach in South Carolina right now. It’s just that somehow Myrtle beach defense gets wrapped up in all beaches where it sucks bad, like 2&2 vacations there that’s all that needs to be said, argument over.

i'm guessing kiawah for you turftoe

I'd put Pawleys/Litchfield against any other beach in SC, having been to pretty much all of them at some point. I liked Sullivan's Island the best when I lived in Charleston. Kiawah is great if you're staying at the Sanctuary. Palmetto Bluff is really cool too, but not really a beach. Hilton Head is alright, but they are hilariously snooty given the final product.

2&2 vs biff

tenor.gif

oh like we have better shit to do.

Yeah, I know. I quit the Tunnels because I finally got fed up with the rancor, so I'm hoping to avoid generalized assholery here. Then again, maybe it makes sense that a guy with Tiger in his user name and Tiger as his avatar would be a bit of an ass to a guy who shits on golf. I was asking for it.

I’d say beaches, Jacksonville beach rube suck central, then pretty much in the clear until Myrtle beach, maybe Tybee to avoid, then after clear from Myrtle to Virginia Beach. Anything in between those points is pretty good. True outer banks North Carolina is probably the best.

I would 100 percent rather be around Myrtle Beach trash than surrounded by the type of people that own homes on Kiawah.

For one day of people watching and beach boozing with your buddies? Sure. For literally any other reason? Nope.

I'd put Pawleys/Litchfield against any other beach in SC, having been to pretty much all of them at some point. I liked Sullivan's Island the best when I lived in Charleston. Kiawah is great if you're staying at the Sanctuary. Palmetto Bluff is really cool too, but not really a beach. Hilton Head is alright, but they are hilariously snooty given the final product.

I hate Hilton Head, way too many midwesterners and just crowded af in general. I like my beaches chill af and as few people as possible, which is why I stan for BHI.

Agree on Sullivan's, and I also dig Pawleys/Litchfield alright, grew up going to Litchfield a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back