• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe boring-ass is hyphenated but that's otherwise correct

I am currently so sports starved I’m watching Leicester City v Sheffield

ooh watch everton villa instead we can live update the chat thread about it

18 year old Brainthwaite coming on for the ev, holgate's knock seems to have carried over from last midweek

square away mings lands on young Jarrad's head in the box

you'd have no idea there's a 4 man midfield from everton so far, every villa break leaves vast swathes completely uncovered, villa can just carry straight through the lines

also these water breaks need to go, it's fuckin 67 and cloudy in liverpool right now

now we've had andre gomes give away possession twice in the span of 20 seconds within the villa final third

what will it take to see baningime, carlo?

MLS tourney with two water breaks per half is pretty disruptive

every game with a combined like 15-20 minutes of stoppage time

never ceases to crack me up when soccer fans use different vocabulary to talk about soccer than they do for any other sport or part of life

i'm doing it on purpose in this thread, but i think if you search your heart you'd find the same happens in every sport

i was just chatting to wakephan09 about whether and how we change our vocabulary when talking to british colleagues

i'll never change to a brit spelling but i do observe their date formats in emails

i'm doing it on purpose in this thread, but i think if you search your heart you'd find the same happens in every sport

no doubt, but the most glaring examples are in soccer

pace, work rate, pitch, kits, and so on

actually, i'm trying to think of the appropriate analogue for, say, basketball

what's a basketball-only word that describes something you'd otherwise choose a different word for a la "pace" vs. "speed" or "fast"?

i was just chatting to wakephan09 about whether and how we change our vocabulary when talking to british colleagues

i'll never change to a brit spelling but i do observe their date formats in emails

one example here, i'd say "speaking with" rather than "talking to" in conversations with british colleagues

which if you think about it is a better description of a conversation

actually, i'm trying to think of the appropriate analogue for, say, basketball

what's a basketball-only word that describes something you'd otherwise choose a different word for a la "pace" vs. "speed" or "fast"?

not really the same thing, but there's a vernacular in each sport

boards, key, paint, post, low block, lane

technically there is an actual difference between pace and speed, right? like one is meant to be minutes per mile and the other miles per minute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back