• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not, but that sounds so awesome, are you doing this with your family?!

I wish. Wife will hike all day but she's not camping at the end. I'm gonna take the 5yo on her first backpacking trip this fall, but this is a yearly section hike with one of my undergrad buddies. We've had to take a couple of years off because of kids and are getting back into it. Started at Springer a little over a decade ago and working our way north. The plan is to have the section hike completed by the time we retire and then thru hike it as our retirement present.

I wish. Wife will hike all day but she's not camping at the end. I'm gonna take the 5yo on her first backpacking trip this fall, but this is a yearly section hike with one of my undergrad buddies. We've had to take a couple of years off because of kids and are getting back into it. Started at Springer a little over a decade ago and working our way north. The plan is to have the section hike completed by the time we retire and then thru hike it as our retirement present.

someone's gonna come get her every night? what are the logistics on that? (interested in an AT thru at some point)

haha, makes more sense, I was going to be super impressed if your fam could join and put up 21 miles/day, that's still awesome though, i've always wanted to do something like that (section hiking it year by year and eventually doing entire thing), kinda eyeing the NC mountains-to-sea trail as another potential challenge in the next few years too

going camping next weekend for the first time in years

defs the biggest weakness of living in Chicago

at least we still have the beaches

someone's gonna come get her every night? what are the logistics on that? (interested in an AT thru at some point)

Sorry, I was unclear. No, my buddy and I are gonna do the thru hike as he will retire at the same time as me. The wife will probably meet up for sections and trail towns from time to time but I'm sure she'll be fine with 4-5 months off from me at that point in our lives.

rode my bike yesterday for the first time in months

god i missed that

going camping next weekend for the first time in years

defs the biggest weakness of living in Chicago

at least we still have the beaches

I dunno man. I've seen The Fugitive plenty and there seems to be some nice mountainous terrain outside the city.

is there a better channel-flip-oh-i-guess-ill-watch-this-again film than The Fugitive

haha, makes more sense, I was going to be super impressed if your fam could join and put up 21 miles/day, that's still awesome though, i've always wanted to do something like that (section hiking it year by year and eventually doing entire thing), kinda eyeing the NC mountains-to-sea trail as another potential challenge in the next few years too

MST seems cool through the mountains but would probably start to lose its luster around Greensboro.

MST seems cool through the mountains but would probably start to lose its luster around Greensboro.

haha yeah, this concerns me a little, really bad from gboro up until you get to the point you can finish by canoe!

bill simmons just going for the lowest possible fruit for content, huh

here's my new podcast - we talk about how it's really fucking hot/cold/dry/rainy lately and when is the weather going to change, already?

Reading bad news about kids definitely hits a lot harder post kid.

The story about the Glee actress who drowned while boating with her 4 year old really fucked me up. He told the police “mommy jumped in the water and didn’t come back up”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back