• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"baby shower registry"

lol wut

It's a way to avoid getting multiples of the same gift or getting shit you don't need at a baby shower. P logical assuming you don't reject the idea of a baby shower outright.

We need to get some old fashioned avatar bets going. If only there was something good to bet on.

Let's have a diaper shower for Townie.

Townie, post your home address so we can send you diapers.

I'm watching this movie on Showtime from 2007 called Daddy's Little Girls with Gabby Union and Idris Elba and all I can say is Gabby is hot as shit but this movie is rather slow.

I'll just ship a pallet of plastic Pampers to the NuVegan Cafe on Georgia Avenue. They might freak out because they're not vegan but I don't have your address.

We never had a shower since we couldn’t publicize the adoption (though we had a registry some ppl shopped off of who asked if there was one). As a result we were gifted like 20 baby blankets. All very nice but somehow that became a default gift.

I doubt the baby shower registry is a centuries old tradition

Didn’t it say it was. Said it was borne out of the shower tradition, where in small communities I’m sure there was some coordination In gifts given to new parents.

first they (millennials) came for the baby registries and I said nothing

if you live in an urban area there isn’t much need for a baby shower given how much free shit is out there on The Internet

Well the way this one is setup is the expectant mother is going to buy everything that others don’t buy for her, and she’s incentivized to put everything she wants on one registry as they give a discount if you do it this way.

Pretty smart way as the retailer to lock in a shitton of sales

if you live in an urban area there isn’t much need for a baby shower given how much free shit is out there on The Internet

Crib, stroller, and bassinet are definitely things that you can get for cheap or free if you hit up your friends at the right time. Safety standards change occasionally on that stuff though. And that stuff is pretty expensive. And some lightly used clothes are good too. A lot of outfits only get worn once or twice before they grow out of it.

People, this economy needs stimulation. Buy Townie some expensive baby shit that he will realize is superfluous 2 days in.

parenting a newborn is otherwise easy. feed them periodically and don't drop them.

Went scuba diving with my air pod pros in my pocket this morning. Harshed my vibes.

Wrangled up a bunch of nice lobster tails tho. Had lobster ceviche for lunch, and bout to fire up the barbe with tails and filets off the boat Nj g e. Sitting in christmas harbor.

Vibes unharsh.

Went scuba diving with my air pod pros in my pocket this morning. Harshed my vibes.

Wrangled up a bunch of nice lobster tails tho. Had lobster ceviche for lunch, and bout to fire up the barbe with tails and filets off the boat Nj g e. Sitting in christmas harbor.

Vibes unharsh.

I know what Rocky Mountain Oysters are, so I can only assume Austin Lobster is something equally disgusting.

I’m glad I never did anything stupid like have kids.

There was once this poster that had some great takes, started a thread about why you should never get married and have kids.

Heard he sucks now tho.

I know what Rocky Mountain Oysters are, so I can only assume Austin Lobster is something equally disgusting.

I’m in Christmas Harbor, USVI. Been chartering a sailboat down here all week my dude.

Austin lobsters still fuck tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back