• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just ship a pallet of plastic Pampers to the NuVegan Cafe on Georgia Avenue. They might freak out because they're not vegan but I don't have your address.

towniedeac
Park place
DC

It'll get to him. #PinkyPromise

parenting a newborn is otherwise easy. feed them periodically and don't drop them.

I’d change “easy” to “simple.” As in there’s not much to it but can get pretty taxing at times.

I’m in Christmas Harbor, USVI. Been chartering a sailboat down here all week my dude.

We did that with some friends last summer, though we were technically out of BVI (really it's all the same, though). Really want to do that again.

We did that with some friends last summer, though we were technically out of BVI (really it's all the same, though). Really want to do that again.

I’m curious about the weather in the summer. I’ve done Moorings charters in the BVIs and Belize but both were in winter. Had assumed it wouldn’t be as enjoyable to do a tropical vacation in the summer plus the added variable of hurricane season. Obviously much cheaper though.

when I lived in Guatemala for a bit, I was near a hurricane season holdout for people who are full-time boat people

interesting folks

just a lot of retirees, most from Canada or US, some from western Europe

have their own little insular culture in a pretty poor part of the world

Crib, stroller, and bassinet are definitely things that you can get for cheap or free if you hit up your friends at the right time. Safety standards change occasionally on that stuff though. And that stuff is pretty expensive. And some lightly used clothes are good too. A lot of outfits only get worn once or twice before they grow out of it.

Sold our $150 stroller on FB marketplace for $40, lady talked us down to $35 and then didn't have change so she got it for 30. Ridiculous, but glad to help out.

just a lot of retirees, most from Canada or US, some from western Europe

have their own little insular culture in a pretty poor part of the world

probably a lot of cultural overlap with full-time RVers, a pop I went deep in the soc lit on last year

My aunt and uncle are older now, but for decades they lived on their little sailboat for half or more of the year. Super interesting culture.

We’re watching a lot of Bluey. It’s a solid kid’s show. Also, I thought my wife hated Trump before the threatened ban of Tik-Tok. I’m legit afraid she’s gonna post something on social media right now that’s going to trigger a secret service investigation.

Bluey is phenomenal. I've watched it when the kids weren't even around.

as our company has gone full-time remote, even post-COVID, I'm looking into doing extended periods of time in warmer climes during the winter

where would you post up for the month of February?

criteria:

- must be within a couple three hours of central time zone
- near water
- pretty low cost of living; not trying to spend a ton, but I'm also very low maintenance -- need good wifi though

looking at Belizean and Mexican beach towns for the time being

as our company has gone full-time remote, even post-COVID, I'm looking into doing extended periods of time in warmer climes during the winter

criteria:

- near water
- pretty low cost of living; not trying to spend a ton, but I'm also very low maintenance -- need good wifi though

Belize fits the bill for sure. I absolutely loved it there. Our charter was out of Placencia which was a pretty chill coastal town pretty far south. You’re a lot more experienced traveler than I am but English is the official language and there’s a fixed 2:1 exchange rate which is pretty sweet too.

yeah, I started my search in southern Belize and Placencia and nearby spots are on the short list

money goes a little further in Mexico and I'm comfortable with Spanish, so that is helping prop up Mexican options right now

criteria:

- near water

what if those countries aren't allowing us citizens in? (which seems fairly likely)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back