• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CXII: Officially on Vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realizing how much your gross pay is reduced through taxes, 401(k) contributions, etc is the worst thing about adulthood.

Yeah when I see how much goes to my 401k it makes me not want to contribute for a while and get to use the money when I need it, which is now. But at least I get that money at some point. Taxes make me salty

Realizing how much your gross pay is reduced through taxes, 401(k) contributions, etc is the worst thing about adulthood.

thinking too hard about how much you pay for rent is another buzzkill.

i love graham crackers.

bkf

glamour-shots-25.jpg

Yeah when I see how much goes to my 401k it makes me not want to contribute for a while and get to use the money when I need it, which is now. But at least I get that money at some point. Taxes make me salty

Yeah but each dollar invested is worth like $15 in 30 years so that I can get behind.

thinking too hard about how much you pay for rent is another buzzkill.

Yup, I'll be really sad to leave my apartment in Durham and pay 2x as much starting in September.

in baaaaaaaaaaahstan. at least the winters are nice.

Flight delayed 2 hours. Hai Boston Beer Works.

in baaaaaaaaaaahstan. at least the winters are nice.

Time to network like crazy so I can get called up to the equity side at one of these growth equity firms.

Nice which Beer Works are you at? The one down near Fenway, or posted up in the airport?

do it. its a small world. although i've heard that boston is especially tough to break into from the outside.

I'm seriously thinking about buying a really cheap house (in need of total remodeling) down the street from my parents and having my dad and brother help fix it up and then renting it out.

Not sure how much actual work is going to be needed though. The previous owner started, but didn't finish

do you guys finance sponsor buyouts?

Nice which Beer Works are you at? The one down near Fenway, or posted up in the airport?

Airport. Had to drop off original lease docs with the management co for our new apt. Then figured it just made sense to get here and through security so I can relax.

do it. its a small world. although i've heard that boston is especially tough to break into from the outside.

It's tough, the VC world is highly insular. I think I've got a chance if I crush the next 3 years. Lots of East coast firms are hung up on hiring MBAs so that might be a necessary step. The West Coast firms hire primarily successful entrepreneurs.

do you guys finance sponsor buyouts?

We do on occasion. We are still a bit small so deal size is a bit of a factor. We are doing one with LLR right now where we will do $12MM or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back