• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CXXIX: jeeze don get nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakephan09

fuck duke
Reaction score
Medieval BABES:

christinedepizan2012_illustration.jpg

Last edited:
Get thee to a nunnery medieval sloots

I'll try to hit up some name changes this time around. But gotta keep up with TRADITIONS!

Going HAMlet aka pulling a Brasky, getting friendzoned by Ophelia bc you can't make moves

Get thee to a nunnery medieval sloots

And it is a super fantastically awesome reference that you didn't even realize you were making:

Hoccleve's translation into English, of a work composed by the hot babe in the picture above, is possibly the first use in the English language of the word "slut" (with its modern connotation).

That one dude is rocking a cool neckbeard.

There are all kinds of cool animals in the Middle Ages. They had pets too!

There is this one totally sweet text that I work on, where it mandates that religious women should have no more than ONE cat. And no cows.

There is not a woe is rtq tag yet so that means none of us are responsible for it.

There are all kinds of cool animals in the Middle Ages. They had pets too!

There is this one totally sweet text that I work on, where it mandates that religious women should have no more than ONE cat. And no cows.

Are there a lot of illuminated manuscripts in Austin at the UT library?

Oh noes, the tag! I know you're never supposed to acknowledge tags when you're the target cause it'll just make things worse but what I have done!

Are there a lot of illuminated manuscripts in Austin at the UT library?

Not nearly as many as at the Huntington or the Newberry or the Beinecke, but we have some pretty cool stuff: one of about 50 complete 'Canterbury Tales' (and the only one at a Public University), part of an m-fing CAXTON, several copies of every single early Chaucer edition (e.g. 1532, 1542, 1545, &c.), an early Bede, and one of 48 Gutenberg Bibles (which might be the most valuable book in the world). The collection here is primarily modernist though. We do have the first photograph ever taken, all of David Foster Wallace's stuff (including weird shit like computers and laptops and strands of his hair and shit), much of Sylvia Beech's Joyce stuff. That stuff is just off of the top of my head; the HRC is really an incredible, incredible archive.

So, does BBD have more tags to his name than any other poster?

The number of tags involving him and homosexuality/dicks is totally mind boggling.

It's gotta be approaching at least 1,000 if not more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back